News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of St Anne

GODISHIGH

• GODISHIGH changed the title to Order of St Anne
    • 1 month later...

Points well taken.  Look at the suspension ring. Is there a 56 for 14K? This one looks to be gilded bronze which would have been made WWI era. I am making an assumption. Also always look at the detail in the center of the "nun" and see that it was hastily painted which could have gone on in wartime when they had to manufacture more of these. Always look for gold versions, preferably before say 1910, for an instance. When photographing, place a quarter next to the medals or a ruler, as the third and fourth class seem to be somewhat close in size. Just some additional ideas....

• 2 weeks later...
    On 26/02/2022 at 04:56, Simius Rex said:

The problem with the cross is fairly obvious.  JapanX posted a partial photo of the arm to highlight this problem.  The lower corner of the arm has chipped enamel which affects value.  This is a common variation as was pointed out, so a chipped cross is by no means an investment piece and will be extremely tough to resell should that ever be required. 

I agree with the comment