News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Swedish? rosette

Hello!

What are your opinions on this buttonhole rosette?

Could it be Swedish? Or from any other country? Rosettes are not that common in Sweden so I have some doubts about it being Swedish. 

Yellow/blue = Swedish order of the sword?

Blue = Swedish jubilee medal?

Red = French Legion of Honor / Finnish Lion Order?

Red/yellow = Russian order of St. Anna?

Green/red = Order of Nichan Iftikhar?

What do you think? 

The blue color of the yellow/blue ribbon seem to be too bright/light to be the Order of the Sword. But are there any other possible ribbons that match?

Rosett.JPG

48 minutes ago, JohanH said:

Hello!

What are your opinions on this buttonhole rosette?

Could it be Swedish? Or from any other country? Rosettes are not that common in Sweden so I have some doubts about it being Swedish. 

Yellow/blue = Swedish order of the sword? or Friedrich August Medaille

Blue = Swedish jubilee medal? or Prussian crown oder or crown order medal

Red = French Legion of Honor / Finnish Lion Order? or Sachsen Weimar, Bavaria or or .....

Red/yellow = Russian order of St. Anna? or Russian medal for zeal on St. Anna ribbon

Green/red = Order of Nichan Iftikhar?

What do you think? 

The blue color of the yellow/blue ribbon seem to be too bright/light to be the Order of the Sword. But are there any other possible ribbons that match?

Rosett.JPG

Regards

Andreas

This configuration, with light blue being displayed at the center and again on one of the sides, usually indicates two different awards.   If this buttonhole rosette belonged to a Swede, at least one if not both light blue may be Swedish awards.  Other light blue contenders include Black Star of Benin [might fit given Legion of honor & Nichan Iftikhir} and Brazil Southern Cross.    Doubt Seraphim or Russian St. Andrew!

I agree with your original identifications:

Yellow/blue = Swedish order of the sword

Blue = Swedish jubilee medal

Red = French Legion of Honor  most likely;  rosette style feels to me before 1940's so perhaps not Finnish Lion Order

Red/yellow = Russian order of St. Anna

Green/red = Order of Nichan Iftikhar

Several of the Swedish jubilee medals are awarded on light blue ribbons and is always placed before any orders such as Order of Sword, North star or Vasa. 

So many Swedish ribbon bars often have one (or several) light blue ribbon in the first positions. 

I'll see if I can find match the awards to any person. 

The vertical central or binding ribbon, as you probably know, usually denotes the senior award.  Maybe you have:

Blue [central/binding ribbon] = Swedish Jubilee Medal....which one?

Yellow/blue = Swedish Order of the sword

Light Blue [right side] = Benin Black Star, Brazil Southern Cross or.....??  Likely not Seraphim or Russian St. Andrew or Royal Guelphic Order 

Red [left side] = French Legion of Honor    Could be Portuguese Christ, Finnish Lion Order, Tuscan St. Stephan or......??

Red/yellow [left side] = Russian order of St. Anna

Green/red [right side] = Order of Nichan Iftikhar

Best of luck with your research!

Edited by 922F
    spelchek