News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 ek2 KO maker

Hello,

Here is my other 1914 ek2 with replacement original ribbon I purchased and the maker mark KO. I've heard KO was one of the bigger companies. This one is in a lot worse shape than my other one, but it has character. I have a couple questions, was this an early one that has possibly seen time on the front, or a late to post-war cross that just has been stored badly. I'm pretty sure it is original, but if anyone could confirm it that would be gice. The KO marking is on the ring and it is a 3-piece, magnetic cross.

Thanks for any help,

Pat

Hello

The cross looks like an original to me.

Apparently, or so I am led to believe, 'KO' was the mark used on the offical award pieces - KO being the governments supplier. Unfortunately I can't remember what 'KO' stands for.

Hi Pat,

Yours looks like a good KO cross to me too. On the KO maker mark, you will see many different types of cores in these crosses, so these crosses might not match your cross' core, but they are all authentic crosses.

Kind Regards,

Steve

pat-

i don'r know that the actual EK 2 saw all that

much wear at "the front".

why? often the award stayed stowed with

the only sign of it being awarded being a

ribbon through the buttonhole.

i would suspect proportionately more EK 1's

were worn in combat than EK 2's.

i'd love to see pictures/hear thoughtson

this from others.