News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think I had a good show ?

1914 and 1870 non combatant bar  Nassau 1866/Prussian bar and WW1 WW2 large order bar.

4F86A1DB-C637-4349-BEEC-937A3396F487.jpeg

BD07E39E-6B9B-4D86-92B5-70F530D26C4E.jpeg

8501D32B-0C27-4193-9C1C-43861A921FB7.jpeg

225B365C-68BA-47E6-B005-89881091F3A5.jpeg

CEE9FCAC-D5B8-4DCE-8CA8-440CF7B23820.jpeg

207B0E2E-8DD2-42C7-BF11-DF6B7A0E701A.jpeg

FE2F84FB-9F9D-4630-968F-7640C29A3A29.jpeg

B981EE39-D3CC-48D8-9A61-57F5F42835BD.png

B1E6A323-D9F8-409D-8A46-AF2562547760.jpeg

1A14B7FE-B8DB-4DB5-AD30-6D4498E8423B.jpeg

Oops! Can a moderator remove the sewer 

line repair photo ? Don’t know how that one slipped in ?

Edited by scottplen

I like the Nassau bar, that one is actually somewhat scarce. The big bar is interesting in that there is no long service award on it. The 1870 NK bar is nice. Your first NK bar is a bit weird and sloppy in the construction, not getting a good feeling about that one.

13 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

I like the Nassau bar, that one is actually somewhat scarce. The big bar is interesting in that there is no long service award on it. The 1870 NK bar is nice. Your first NK bar is a bit weird and sloppy in the construction, not getting a good feeling about that one.

Thanks for input I alway appreciate your help. The NK bar is a bit odd but all ribbons are no glow and seem evenly aged /faded  all sewn same manner and awards are good . It and the others out of an Old collection from late 80s early 90s been in storage . My gut is it good just a frugal old soldier sewing it himself or his wife doing it they are actually pretty nicely folded in person the bar presents better . Been reading up on Red Cross awards and the second class would be a war time award and they were  

ranked that way . I assume Bronze was  peacetime award. Technically the honor cross should be placed higher but seen them placed in odd places before .I thought Nassau was cool little bar and large bar I thought same No LS ?with the Austrian Anschluss medal and war service was he still in  or a civilian ?  I paid basically less than what single awards would cost in todays market so I took a chance on the 4 bars .
    Thanks 

I absolutely agree you "had a good show", and like that Reserve or Landwehr officer's bar best. Also, I don't see much wrong with the sewing. Not a Godet made bar, apparently, but other than that good enough for a professional's job I'd say.

:love:

5 hours ago, scottplen said:

Been reading up on Red Cross awards and the second class would be a war time award and they were ranked that way . I assume Bronze was  peacetime award.

Not sure where this claim originates from, but to me it seems the two classes were ranked differently right from the beginning. Epstein, p. 6, in his 1906 Die Vorschriften der Deutschen Bundesstaaten über die Trageweise und die Rückgabe der Orden und Ehrenzeichen gives separate precedence for the 2nd and 3rd class, with the 2nd class right behind the orders and in front of all Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen classes, the Dienstauszeichnungskreuz (not mentioned, but apparently the Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung I. Klasse as well) and the Princely Hohenzollern Ehrenkreuz 2nd or 3rd class.

On your bar, the 2nd class medal (and the 3rd class as well, by the way) might still be war time awards, but they do not have to be, and to my understanding, it would not necessarily effect precedence on the bar if they are. Pretty confusing, but Epstein used official sources, and gives tons of weird details...

:wacky: