News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

King Charle’s Campaign Medals…

Accumulated Campaign Service Medal, I suppose...

The first NEW Charles III medal will hopefully be his Coronation Medal.  (Hopefully as anything else suggests the UK gets sucked into someone's war.)

12 minutes ago, Megan said:

Accumulated Campaign Service Medal, I suppose...

The first NEW Charles III medal will hopefully be his Coronation Medal.  (Hopefully as anything else suggests the UK gets sucked into someone's war.)

ACSM, yes had forgotten about that one! 

Coronation Medal, I guess is a given.

Couldn’t agree more with regards to any subsequent campaign medals, but I fear it is just a matter of time, before the necessity for additional medal(s) comes to pass….

• 4 weeks later...
    8 minutes ago, Zulu_00 said:

Doubt it mate. The Arctic Star was issued with the GVIR cypher on it. I reckon it'll be an EIIR medal, if it's not already going to be a GSM.

Fair point, but what about Korea or indeed Waterloo medals. Both bear the effigy of the monarch at the time of issue not at the time of the campaign.

The first Korea War medal was issued in 1953 and has the first Britt Omn legend, those issued from 1954 have the second obverse type DEI GRATIA REGINA and the third type also issued in 1953 has CANADA below the bust.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Would the new "Nuclear Test Veterans" medal , (not sure of what it's official title), not have the King on it? I appreciate that it dates back to the early part of the Queen's reign, but where this will make a difference remains to be seen?