News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good morning,

Friedrich Christian v. Palmenstein (*1778) was a Major in the k.pr. 34. IR in 1814.

I am wondering if there is any way to find a complete overview of his post 1814 career. His pre-1814 career is known to me.

Thanks so much

Regards

David

Hello David!

I´m not sure, if I found "your" man...

According to the ranklist 1819 there was a Capitaine v. Pallmenstein aggregated in 34th Infantry Regiment.

No entry in that regiment in 1820. Unfortunately there ain´t no index of names in those old ranklists...

Screenshot (988).png

Edited by The Prussian

David,

he is shown in the Offizier-Stammliste of Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 35 (Originally 34. Infanterie-Regiment ) as Franz von Pallmenstein. This is also confirmed by his death certificate at Ancestry.de.

Regards

Glenn

Pallmenstein.thumb.jpg.a95f36d56a6c736e41c0565d79432ca8.jpg

Hello David!

A Platzmajor was the officer in a fortress or large city who is responsible for the daily garrison duty of the troops and therefore always keeps an exact calculation of the strength of the garrison and the succession of officers. He is usually a captain, only in large cities sometimes a staff officer, who at the same time also has the state prisoners and imprisoned soldiers under his supervision.