News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German made bei Ottor GAHR/Muenchen "1WW Sturmtruppen Abzeichen"

Hello gents! Greetings..any INFO very welcommen!

There are many "Copys/Replicas"  (in different Shapes) on ebay see Photos

I believe there was an original made by the Muenchen Workshop Otto GAHR?

Photo..maybe made  "inofficial" after the 1WW had ended to purchase by former Soldiers ?

Thanks for Interest Best regards Juergen

s-l500 (8).jpg

s-l500 (6).jpg

1-comp.jpg

s-l500 (16).jpg

s-l500 (26).jpg

s-l500 (25).jpg

2e517ce143e29eb34fdc746de151.jpg

6f43c737415682529b6edb5dd3ce.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz

Hello Juergen!

I´ve never seen such a badge on german uniforms and have never read about it according to german uniforms.

I assume it´s a badge, made in Germany for austrian troops.

Te meaning "Sturmtruppen" was usually used by k.u.k. troops and not by germans.

17 hours ago, ashley58 said:

Hmmm by no means an expert ...but would a screwback be RZM marked?? for a non party award.

Hi thanks for Your Interest..some Badges (made in Poland) have a screwback "RZM & SS" marked (I think Fantasie Peaces!) RZM stand for "Reichs Zeug Meisterei"? dont think was used in 1WW? Regards Jurgen

s-l500 (27).jpg

7 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Hello Juergen!

I´ve never seen such a badge on german uniforms and have never read about it according to german uniforms.

Hello Prussian,thanks for Your Interest! well sofar I seen only Austrian "Sturmtruppen Badges" total different to the one (GAHR Muenchen marked one) I shown (OK mabe Copys..but of an "Original"?) The Firm Otto GAHR is welknown especially after Otto GAHRS Death in 1932 ( Widow Karoline took over)..I agree never seen any Photos of Soldiers wore Badges ( "Sturmtruppen" was used for Germans also  "Stosstruppen?"..maybe made after the war surly for German Veterans..since Austrians had multiple Badges? ? .."The Stoss Trupps" wore no Ranks nor any Identification in Combat..still searching..but thanks again! Yours Jurgen

2e517ce143e29eb34fdc746de151.jpg

6f43c737415682529b6edb5dd3ce.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition Text

Hello Juergen!

51YFIHOsXyL._SX363_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

9 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Hello Juergen!

335823323_898049398141174_7542503157738729214_n.jpg

PS "G" mark for "Guenscher Wien" (Vienna) 

the most Copyied Badge? different to the "GAHR" Marked Badge

there are hunderts of Austrian/Hungarian Sturmtruppen Badges?

here some:

335823323_898049398141174_7542503157738729214_n.jpg

05268v00.jpg

images (21).jpg

images (19).jpg

4 hours ago, Jurgen Fritz said:

51YFIHOsXyL._SX363_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yes... But it seems to be an italian magazine...

The word "Sturmtruppen" was well-known in germany, but it was never used for official units. it was just a collective term for all "Sturm"-units like Abteilungen (detachments), bataillon or companies.

IF germany had produced such a badge, it would be familiar to the unit, like "Sturmbataillon Nr.5 Rohr"

40 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Yes... But it seems to be an italian magazine...

The word "Sturmtruppen" was well-known in germany, but it was never used for official units. it was just a collective term for all "Sturm"-units like Abteilungen (detachments), bataillon or companies.

IF germany had produced such a badge, it would be familiar to the unit, like "Sturmbataillon Nr.5 Rohr"

Danke Andi! (Many Thanks to Germany!) Yes I have no Proof sofar just that Otto GAHR/Muenchen produced other Broches and  military / Party Regalia.in the 1930s.I just guessing that the (now much copied Badge) was made inofficial for all German "Veteran Soldiers"..and why for Austrians (in Germany!)..here some Broches made by GAHR: would be great found a Catalogue? Thanks & Gruesse nach Deutschland Juergen

c20357_mnc5955.jpg

c20359_mnc5970.jpg

c18-036224.jpg

c18-036263.jpg

6 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Hi Jürgen!

That´s not strange... Bavaria and Austria had a lot of commercial connections. Before, during and after the war.

A catalogue would be hard to find. Maybe in several ones about austrians cap badges?

Danke Andi...again..so you say there were NO German  Metall Badges? all Austrians?  but not seen the GAHR Badge as such descibed.also NOT on Austrian Soldier Photos?.I seen  indeed only Cloth Badges for German Stosstrupps (Picture) all Sellers/Auctionaers (not only on ebay) describe the GAHR Badge in question as "Imperial German Sturmtruppen  Chest Badge!" size about 42mm diagonal.. (some say "Inofficial") what let me think private purchased (after the War?) OK is this a "Dead End?" there must be a Way to find out (still have hope)..Best Regards Yours  Juergen

335418653_725825105847324_8027045397116679495_n.jpg

Document_2023-03-24_091844.jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    add Photo

Hello Jürgen!

The only official metal badges were Edelweiß and Karpathenkorps. The rest were unofficial ones.

Maybe there were some for Stormtroopers, but I haven´t seen some. Most of them were Freikorps badges.

Your picture shows different cloth badges. The skullhead was for Flammenwerfer (official) and crown with the W was for Sturmbataillon 5 (the only official one).

1 hour ago, The Prussian said:

Hello Jürgen!

The only official metal badges were Edelweiß and Karpathenkorps. The rest were unofficial ones.

Maybe there were some for Stormtroopers, but I haven´t seen some. Most of them were Freikorps badges.

Your picture shows different cloth badges. The skullhead was for Flammenwerfer (official) and crown with the W was for Sturmbataillon 5 (the only official one).

Hallo Andi Gruesse! 

well Yes ..cloth Badges see Photo with "crossed Handgranades on Sleeve?"The one: "Crown with W" was awarded By "Crown Prinz Wilhelm" himself never made "official" by the Kaiser!..I concentrate on this GAHR marked Badge ( I believe now "Inofficial") but there must have Originals around?..& when sold in Muenchen..German Soldiers surly bought them? ( I read also like the " Totenkopf Kantinen Ringe" Sturmbadges were popular by the new "Wehrmacht" but Trouble! only allowed to wear by 1 WW veterans!.I seen Photos With Skull on the Sleeve Amazing since captured "Flammenwerfer Soldaten" faced torture & Death! ( like Combat Gas this inhuman Weapon shall have be banned!) - now it is!  Yours Juergen

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition Text

Hi Jürgen!

Well, we can´t say, which badges were worn in an unusual way... Some badges or patches were worn 14/18, even they were forbidden...

Here is something from my collection:

Bavarian mine-sweeper:

b.Minenwerfer-Abteilung(Armabzeichen).thumb.jpg.72de1c9641e32c3134ade6e35a20e671.jpg.05a41b51bd8bc2a5c9171156eadd4e46.jpg

Flammenwerfer:

Garde-Res_Pi_Rgt.(FlammenwerferTotenkopf).thumb.JPG.c812a2b2dc2cc8dc574e4fdc93d72a10.JPG.aa4025a3d207c7d6d354d12abb702886.JPG

Saxon searchlight members:

schs.Scheinwerfer-Zug(Scheinwerfer-Abzeichen.thumb.JPG.d3c73f00e2be65273bf568b0e2801992.JPG.c1f4899191b13d28ab900ef1b6199462.JPG

Meldegänger (Res.Inf.Rgt.82)

Res_Inf_Rgt.82(HauptmannDeinesKriegskreuzStern).thumb.jpg.e4428b0b075afa732410f5731cf21d85.jpg.c261e0673fca6d12a4dbae04f0ea581f.jpg

And a couple of hand-grenade-launchers

Leibgarde-Inf_Rgt.115(Handgranatenwerfer-Abzeichen).thumb.jpg.f3395b338f1a321e333106a9df544e98.jpg.3a496ecdd21ab0f3dc8acc023659178d.jpg

Sturmbtl.(AbzeichenHandgranaten).thumb.jpg.99017f1f84434892507ecec9602db0c6.jpg.dea4afded32b230ddb6569e6176c5ea7.jpg

unbekannt(HandgranatenwerferStern).thumb.jpg.cc8150a03ccfd156246949380457c5d8.jpg.ee4267e553da3f225989efab6346eed0.jpg

Edited by The Prussian

On 25/03/2023 at 05:01, The Prussian said:

Hi Jürgen!

Well, we can´t say, which badges were worn in an unusual way... Some badges or patches were worn 14/18, even they were forbidden...

Here is something from my collection:

Bavarian mine-sweeper:

b.Minenwerfer-Abteilung(Armabzeichen).thumb.jpg.72de1c9641e32c3134ade6e35a20e671.jpg

Flammenwerfer:

Garde-Res_Pi_Rgt.(FlammenwerferTotenkopf).thumb.JPG.c812a2b2dc2cc8dc574e4fdc93d72a10.JPG

Saxon searchlight members:

schs.Scheinwerfer-Zug(Scheinwerfer-Abzeichen.thumb.JPG.d3c73f00e2be65273bf568b0e2801992.JPG

Meldegänger (Res.Inf.Rgt.82)

Res_Inf_Rgt.82(HauptmannDeinesKriegskreuzStern).thumb.jpg.e4428b0b075afa732410f5731cf21d85.jpg

And a couple of Hand-grenade launchers:

Leibgarde-Inf_Rgt.115(Handgranatenwerfer-Abzeichen).thumb.jpg.f3395b338f1a321e333106a9df544e98.jpg

Sturmbtl.(AbzeichenHandgranaten).thumb.jpg.99017f1f84434892507ecec9602db0c6.jpg

unbekannt(HandgranatenwerferStern).thumb.jpg.cc8150a03ccfd156246949380457c5d8.jpg

Thanks Andi nice Photo collection! for me interesting the "Sturm Soldaten" & the one with "crossed Grenades Arm  Badge"..I seen also an (Austrian?) Sturmtruppen  capbadge with "Kugelrohr crossed with German Grenade"..there were many "inofficial Badges" maybe some Friend here know more about my researched Badge? Best Yours Juergen

Resize of Resize of DSC01049.JPG

s-l500 (15).jpg

s-l500 (28).jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition Photo

Hi Jürgen!

Wouldn´t it be kind, if you would ask me, before you post my photo at Facebook?

A friend of mine showed me the attached post...

Because I hate Facebook, I´m not amused... Photos in GMIC should remain in GMIC

stoßtruppen 1918.jpg

15 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Hi Jürgen!

Wouldn´t it be kind, if you would ask me, before you post my photo at Facebook?

A friend of mine showed me the attached post...

Because I hate Facebook, I´m not amused... Photos in GMIC should remain in GMIC

stoßtruppen 1918.jpg

Hello Andi! very sorry didn know that was Your Photo...You must excuse..this Photo was visible/availabe! for anybody on GOOGLE/PINTEREST! not even say that is "YOURS!" ..there are lots Photos/Pics (Of this  pariculare  Austrian Capbadge) and Pictures of COPYS! I only used this to show the "Cossing Austrian/German Handgrenades"..how come this (Your Badge) was shown in public  I use Face Book Groups in this case "Sturmtruppen 18" for my Research?...sorry again  hope You understand now...Yours Juergen

Edited by Jurgen Fritz
    addition Text

Hi Jürgen!

You wrote that you didn´t know, that is was my photo..

In the post I wrote, the photo is from my collection.

Well, I didn´t know, that my photo was shown at pinterest. That´s why I hate all those pages. Pinterest, alamy and all the crap. They steal photos from the net, some publishers uses them for their books and earn money with our photos.

Well, my fault was, that I didn´t use a copy-protection...

5 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hi Jürgen!

You wrote that you didn´t know, that is was my photo..

In the post I wrote, the photo is from my collection.

Well, I didn´t know, that my photo was shown at pinterest. That´s why I hate all those pages. Pinterest, alamy and all the crap. They steal photos from the net, some publishers uses them for their books and earn money with our photos.

Well, my fault was, that I didn´t use a copy-protection...

Hi Andi...well I see someone took Your Photo & made available ? To avoid any further Aggrevation i took the disputed  Photo off now & replaced with the Photo of a COPY!OK? - for me using a Photo is for "Research reasons" only to help all who try to get answers..FB Groups are usefull so military discusion forums..Best Yours Juergen

5 minutes ago, The Prussian said:

Hi Jürgen!

That´s ok.

I can´t recommend FB, I hate it. For informations you better should look for a good forum like this one or our Feldgrau Forum in germany.

PS ( looked in Feldgrau forum..no Sturmtruppen Abzeichen dort.)

looks like only You has  here replied to my Request: "GAHR/Muenchen Sturmtruppen Abzeichen" (I appreciate!)  ..but disappointing..I had aspected more INFO from Experts here? have a nice Sunday Best Yours Juergen

Well, that´s a very unique thread... There ain´t too much photos with those badges. Even in books most of them are wrong-described...

PPS ad least I proofed that the Workshop "Otto & Karoline GAHR" in Muenchen excisted!  (even seen now another (Austrian Style Badge) marked as such. in Bronce with Pin fastener..but REAL? possible cast not stanzed out. & maybe a Clue that GAHR produced this Badges for Austria...

1215_1606896253_2.jpg

s-l500 (29).jpg

Edited by Jurgen Fritz

2 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Of course, I think so. I´ve seen a few Sturmtrupp-badges in austrian books. No idea, if they were made in Austria or Germany.

and another GAHR/Muenchen marked Badge...

there must be one who knows more?  Best Juergen

1_e0811d24137dbf7903ec24d6b7e168b0.jpg

1_b914438cb989fc571249b2115941afca.jpg