News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polonia Restituta - variants

I recently acquired new addition to my humble collection of 1918 Polonia Restituta orders. What surprised me is the size of this specific piece. It was found among the items of some (unfortunately unknown) polish veteran of WW2 from France. 

By the size, it's almost the same as III class (56mm from point to point), as the known III class from Poland mint, awarded in 1930s (58mm).

Is there any chance to find more about this specific model (producer, period of use, etc)? As there are so many differences between two models (enamel, central medallion, thickness...) Is it possible to even find out the class of this order?

20230328_201950.jpg

20230328_202107.jpg

And more photos 

20230328_201934.jpg

20230328_202142.jpg

This is well documented III class:

20230328_201818.jpg

20230328_201854.jpg

• 6 months later...

On 29/03/2023 at 01:31, Daffy Duck said:

I recently acquired new addition to my humble collection of 1918 Polonia Restituta orders.

To me it looks like an early 3rd Republic 4th Class (Officer) badge from ca. 1992-1995. It seems that slighly modified PRL stamps were used, The dimensions (55-56 mm) would match. The fairly poor quality of the ribbon would speak for that as well (cf. the quality of the pre-war ribbon). Interesting is the lack of the rosette, which should be there in that class.

9 hours ago, revolutie1830 said:

could someone help me with following document. 

Not sure if it is what you atre looking for, but it is a diploma of awarding the fourth class (Officer) of the order. 

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for a WW2 or later Polonia Restituta Officer's Cross IV Class (a non commie please) to complete a family members set. If anyone has one please contact me. Thanks