News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gentlemen.

Ist here a kind soul who can help me? Are these original? The first Dueppler cross i am 95% sure are original but the other two?

The second dueppeler cross is made of different metal, and the motiv isent the same as the first one…

Happy for all answers.

Tommy

ADDEA7A9-9422-44CE-89EF-D747B1AA073B.jpeg

Back.

75D9FA87-8425-4263-B091-A6C197921C01.jpeg

Hi!

Yes i noticed that you can now find these crosses in large numbers on the ebay. Collecting anything now is a minefield, Hope these pics helps?

EFB4FC5C-2EEB-4144-86A3-A3AE3A7B62AA.jpeg

A7B869CB-9C01-487C-ABDC-013C8C1FBDD9.jpeg

Alsen

23E8C6A9-C746-46C8-96C9-B17F0C4F4DC9.jpeg

7C84AA0A-8EFF-4CCF-817F-3CD68CCF57B9.jpeg

Duppel nr2.

6B9C63B7-4B99-4850-9686-45CC9012F7D9.jpeg

E65F3EE0-D727-4B0C-85B9-37734CBDB56A.jpeg

Well, I'm afraid of stating the obvious, but the middle one is not a Düppel cross, but an Alsen cros (same war, different battle).

OK, I see the subject line was changed, so you already know that :)

Edited by Great Dane

• 2 weeks later...

It's quite unsettling how difficult it became to judge such relatively common and not extremely expensive awards from mediocre pictures only! The Alsen cross, I'm sure, is a modern fake as to be found on ebay. I'm not sure regarding the two Düppel onslaught crosses, which means they could or could not be real... sigh!

:(

Hello!

Okay, so the Alsen cross is crap…. Wrong details, wrong material? Please do explain. I think one of the Duppel crosses are fake, i will try to show in a picture tomorrow.

Kind regards Tommy

On 16/04/2023 at 20:33, IR61 said:

Wrong details, wrong material? Please do explain.

Most striking is the unusual patina, which seems artificially applied. The fake ribbon doesn't add to it. I have hardly ever seen such signs of aging on an authentic cross, but then, literally every Alsenkreuz sold by certain infamous ebay sellers addressed here has this odd feature. Check their ebay feedback to see how many they sold just within the past few months!

:speechless:

Hello!

now i have tried to examin the Duppler crosses. I belive the one to the left is original, it has sharper details and the material its made of seems to be of much higher quality and it has the ”extra soldering” where the ring is conected to the cross itself. I have seen it on the 1866 crosses. But the cross to the right is made of some other metal, its surface is very grainy and the left arm has som pitts in it and the upper arm is not straight its oblique. I hope somebody understands what iam trying to say….

Tommy

DF91C8AF-A92C-4C1A-933D-2FAEFE80A02F.jpeg

I do understand what you're saying, and I tend to agree. Sorry, man! Two fakes out of three crosses is disappointing. One thing though, regarding the "sharp details": Please keep in mind these were struck from a relatively soft alloy with a high rate of tin, and when heavily polished, lose much of that sharpness. Still, their surface should never look grainy, of course...

Hi.

Yes its not fun that two of three are crap, BUT i have to se it in a positiv way one of three was original, could have been worse! And yes i realy hate this fakers that ruins a nice hobby.

Now i need to find an original Alsenkreuz!

Tommy