News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Long Service Medals and Clasps

A question if I may?  Those with long service medals issued under Queen Elizabeth, when due a clasp under the King, will this mean a new medal?  Can you put a Kings crown clasp on a Queens crown medal?

The simple answer is yes. The "bars" have only recently been approved so those entitled will have no alternative but to fit them to the already awarded QC EIIR medals. It will be a good few years before the recipient of a KC CIIIR long service medal can be awarded the ten year bar. 

Dave.    

Edited by Dave Wilkinson

Interesting concept!

Look forward to seeing an example. But having said that, am I right in thinking that only the RAF have a crown on their bar anyway all the rest look the same, so you couldn’t tell the difference?

Unless you mean would the recipient be issued with an entirely new medal, like in the case of the ACSM.

Not sure whether the 1st version of the ACSM is still issued but if it is, would be cool to have an E11R first version and a C111R second version in a group. 

• 1 month later...

The medal at the end is the Cadet Forces Medal, each clasp has the Queens crown.  I'm not sure you can stick a Kings crown clasp on to this medal?  Thoughts welcome.

image.thumb.jpeg.c87bd02549f109da7b564adb51f31702.jpeg

On 23/06/2023 at 13:26, Paul463 said:

The medal at the end is the Cadet Forces Medal, each clasp has the Queens crown.  I'm not sure you can stick a Kings crown clasp on to this medal?  Thoughts welcome.

Interesting concept. Necessity would suggest that, clasps qualified for after the 8th September 2022, will have a King’s crown on? Will certainly be interesting to see what happens….

On 23/06/2023 at 13:26, Paul463 said:

Although not technically a change of crown. Thought this example might be of interest? 

B8E1FA35-0589-49C5-A316-3E2CD92EE074.jpeg