News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Crimean War of 1853-1856

KARLnf

Hello. Please tell me if these items correspond to the period of the Crimean War: the Gorget (France) and the Shako Eagle (France). I am grateful in advance for the answer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by KARLnf
    not correct question

Given that the Second Republic ended in 1851, it is possible that the gorget might have still been in use during the Crimean War.  All depends on how swiftly new plates were made.  And again, were the gorgets issued or were officers required to purchase them?

Michael

On 03.06.2023 at 15:55, Michael Johnson said:

Учитывая, что Вторая Республика закончилась в 1851 году, возможно, что горжет все еще использовался во время Крымской войны. Все зависит от того, насколько быстро были изготовлены новые тарелки. И снова, были ли горжеты выпущены или их должны были приобрести офицеры?

Майкл

Thanks for the reply. This theory has a right to exist. It remains only to find experts who can confirm or refute it.