News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Various KVK's and KVM's

Hello gentlemen (and ladies),

I have a few various KVKs for show and opinion. I have my ideas on every one and an help on the kriegsverdienskreuz is welcome. I will start with my KVK2 with swords. It has good detail and I believe this to be an early tombak die-stamped version. The ribbon does not glow and the cross seems to be original. Any thoughts on maker and originality are very helpful. Also, post yours that are the same model.

Thanks,

Pat

And now my KVK2 without swords. It appears to be a later version cross with a non-glowing ribbon. I am not sure on this one because late-war items are always hard to tell, but I know the ribbon that came with it is original. Please leave any advice or opinions on this KVK2 no swords.

Thanks again,

Pat

Now for the mystery piece, my KVK1 with swords. It looks like its made of zink and has good detail and is made of a solid metal and no casting lines. The big question I have is about the back. The pin/catch assembly seems to be upside-down. Now this is either a wacky fake or a strange variant. All info and advice on this one is escpecially appreciated.

Pat

Here is my KVM kriegsverdienstmedaille with a really long ribbon (10 inches or so). This was my first ever piece and I am 99% sure it is original, but any confirmation would be great. This is a nice medal in good condition besides the slight disclouration on the back.

Thanks Laurence,

I too have had doubts on the KVK1, the detail on the little beading is not the same as the others, but if anyone can prove us wrong that would be great. Any ideas on the others?

Pat

So I would deduct that my KVK2 w/swords, KVK2 w/o swords and Kriegsverdienstmedaill are ok then, as the only one that looked fishy was the KVK1 with swords (that I bought 2 years ago in a pawn shop). I purchased these all (except KVK1) recently from respectable dealers (unlike some of my earlier items that I found out were bad, all purchased from the same bad dealer). I am pretty sure they are good, but any confirmation is nice as I have had some bad luck.

Thanks for all help,

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

I have to thank the very generous and thoughtful Larry Strong for the following L/58 KVK1 w/swords, a true gentleman! :beer: This is a great example that really shows the detail difference between this good one and the earlier posted bad KVK1. It now takes its place amongst my other good original KVK's and the KVM, and the bad KVK1 goes into my ever growing fakes pile! Any comments on this new addition or the other KVK's are very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks again, and three cheers :cheers: for Laurence!

Pat

and the reverse of this L/58 KVK1 combatants version. Great silvering left and nice patina on this one. The material is very high quality as well. Please leave your opinions on any of the KVK's I have posted as i am always looking to soak up more info!

Thanks,

Pat

and the reverse of this L/58 KVK1 combatants version. Great silvering left and nice patina on this one. The material is very high quality as well. Please leave your opinions on any of the KVK's I have posted as i am always looking to soak up more info!

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Pat,

That's indeed quite a gift. :love::love::jumping::jumping: Kudos to Laurence for making such a wonderful and extremely kind gesture! You are indeed a scholar and a gentleman sir! :D:beer:

All but that other 1st you've got are very nice looking pieces Pat. I'm just sooooo sorry you got hooked up with that German creep all those years ago. I'm still hopeful you'll be able to do something about that situation but in the meantime it defintely looks like you're making good progress.

Dan :cheers:

Thanks Dan :beer:

I just received this beauty KVK2 without swords in my recent acquisition from a fellow member. This is a nice early version with great detail and very little, if any, tarnish or scuffs. The ring is a little beat up, but that is no biggie. I just love these KVK's and I hope to acquire a few more. Any comments on this new KVK2 or any of the others I have posted in this thread are extremely welcomed.

Cheers,

Pat

and the reverse of my new non-combatants KVK2, with closer view of the details. Any opinions are great!

Pat :cool:

Hi Pat,

I LOVE it! :love::love::jumping::jumping: But then again I'm biased. :rolleyes:

Glad you like her... she's purty!!!!

Dan :cheers:

and finally the back of my KVM. A nice original in my view, but any opinions are always welcome. It always feels good to know for sure.

Thanks,

Pat

Hallo Pat, :beer:

so many of these low ranking medals for civilian factory workers were made they never had to fake them (just like the Hindenberg Cross for 1914-18, issued from 1934 onwards) in my time in Bavaria, at a local Flea-market one guy used to bring a couple of shoe boxes full along to sell. :speechless1:

Kevin in Deva.

• 2 years later...

Hello, here is my latest KVK (still going through a bunch of stuff I haven't been able to post until I got my new MAC, its good to be back!) for your consumption. A pretty average early KVK 2 civilian version. Enjoy!

Pat

I have to thank the very generous and thoughtful Larry Strong for the following L/58 KVK1 w/swords, a true gentleman! :beer: This is a great example that really shows the detail difference between this good one and the earlier posted bad KVK1. It now takes its place amongst my other good original KVK's and the KVM, and the bad KVK1 goes into my ever growing fakes pile! Any comments on this new addition or the other KVK's are very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks again, and three cheers :cheers: for Laurence!

Pat

Hi!!

From part of collections,DK silber & KVK 1klasse.

please watch :cheers: