News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Neil,

I don't shop in a conventional manner so I can offer no advice on percived market value.

I normaly find them at around €5-10 regardless of what is on them.

Can the seller proove where he said he got it and even if he can, museums have plenty of shelve fillers.

Perhaps if you search ebay or the likes you may find something similar to compare the price or even the construction.

Try user MattL (I think) on WRF as he is knowledgable in this area.

Good luck!

Jock :

Neil,

To demonstrate what you are up against in this field. These are original blank discs and original stamps. The big tub is what I have collected over time. Please bare in mind as well as blank originals there are now very spot on fake discs made for the re-enactor market. So my final advice to you would be to tread very carefully with that aspect of the hobby.

Jock :)

I have my father-in-law's ID tag, just about anyone who has seen it says it has to be fake because the stamping isn't neat and tidy but it is an original. Just wanted to say that judging whether a German ID tag is original (as in stamped pre 1945) or not must be very difficult indeed.