News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Need Opinion - Cannon Cross

gjw

On 29/09/2023 at 04:52, gjw said:

Hey all, so what is your opinion on this one?  Period, later or fake?

The ribbon is a replacement of course.

Many thanks!

Greg

L29596F.jpg

L29596B.jpg

I like it Greg… I’ve no experience with them to spot fakes, I’m useless at that anyway, but having said that, I do like it.

Design looks good, the wear on it and it’s overall appearance seems in keeping with others I’ve seen.

ABC554DC-982D-42E5-9E27-4C1100D10FA4.thumb.jpeg.7c78750fdc6ccea9f88a6f66d28338fa.jpeg

This is an informative thread 👍

cheers

tony 🍻

Hi,

the original crosses had a stamp of the Vienna Mint (eagle in lozenge) on the loop (pls look at the picture, taken from net). In any case the cross is heavily worn off, the ribbon is just modern replacement and the same for the suspension. If the cross is not named on the rim (private finish, usually it contains name of awardee, his rank and sometimes the unit) then I would be looking for a more "complete" piece.

Regards,

T.

punze.jpg