News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chief Constable Nick Adderley

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/29/police-chief-nick-adderley--investigated-falklands-medal

Without wishing to get into the ins and outs of stolen valour, etc.

My question is thus, surely as an ex servicemen, he would have known it’s not normal practice to mount someone else’s medals along side your own? 

One would also assume that he didn’t wear the South Atlantic Medal, when he was in the navy, so what made him start wearing it when he joined the police?

Would also be interesting to learn exactly when, during his police he started to wear it? 

He's clearly not an unintelligent man otherwise he would not hold the position of Chief Constable. As such, he would surely have known quite well what the protocols are in respect of the wearing of medals. If he wasn't (which I doubt), then there are people around him who would surely have told him.

Prior to being appointed CC of Northamptonshire, he was with Greater Manchester Police. in fact he was the divisional commander of the two policewomen, Nicola Hughes & Fiona Bone who were murdered there several years ago. As to when he began wearing medals to which he is not entitled, I don't know.

He also attracted publicity recently by saying that he would pay personally for a supply of union flag "thin blue line" patches for his force to wear on their uniforms, saying that it was important to remember the sacrifice of police officers who loose their lives when performing their duty. 

His decision making ability appears to be seriously flawed, which having regard to the position he holds, must be very worrying for those who rely upon him to make such decisions.

If you look back over the past few years its amazing how many Chiefs', Deputies', and Assistants' that find themselves the subject of disciplinary investigations, many of which result in premature retirement or other methods of disposal, resulting in their departure. There must be something seriously wrong with the way these individuals are selected for these positions. Many of the old style Chiefs' will be spinning in their graves.

Dave.   

Edited by Dave Wilkinson