News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Red Cross decoration 1922

I would like to get this decoration for my modest collection of Red Cross decorations, so far no luck.

hrk1.jpg.fb1b47ead1ed7ce1f9a51be623b5f4db.jpghrk2.jpg.c7c4d82553c97a93ea3ec97f8dfa4459.jpg

But at a recent auction I have seen this award, front is identical but the reverse looks like this:

hrk3.jpg.6480183212cd5ecea829f407214f205a.jpg

As the decoration was instituted in 1922 I wonder why this is dated 1921, it also omits the word Hungarica. Would anybody know anything about this type?

/Lars

Yes interesting The one with 1921 looks like miniature Also the text appear to be bigger size.

I traced the Auction It is a miniature I  suspect  typo mistake and also they did not have a space for the HUNGARICA

Just a thought

Another possibility It could be a case like the miniatures of the Bulgarian Order for Bravery 1915 Model

Most of the miniatures have date 1912 i have seen only couple with the correct 1915 Date

Edited by Graf

Megan, a valid guess that I have thought of as well, some kind of early prototype. But was thinking it could have another purpose/meaning.

Graf, I strongly disagree, it is a full size medal, not a miniature. I have a few miniatures myself of this badge and they are - miniature sizes. If you have found the lot and compare this with the other full size items it's clearly a full size.

Here you have a miniature ...

mini.jpg.f4db38860d4621d20f4ce90fedcbd8c3.jpg

Edited by larsb001

57 minutes ago, larsb001 said:

Megan, a valid guess that I have thought of as well, some kind of early prototype. But was thinking it could have another purpose/meaning.

Graf, I strongly disagree, it is a full size medal, not a miniature. I have a few miniatures myself of this badge and they are - miniature sizes. If you have found the lot and compare this with the other full size items it's clearly a full size.

Here you have a miniature ...

mini.jpg.f4db38860d4621d20f4ce90fedcbd8c3.jpg

Hi,

It could be You are more advanced collector for miniatures It looked a miniature to me. I just made a suggestion

Then if it a full size still could be makers mistake ( i have few Decorations that are legit however they have their text different from the standard ones)   ...or an early example as suggested

No harm done Good luck with your search

Cheers

BTW  Do you have the obverse of this unusual medal it could give you some hints if it a bit different from the standard ones

https://auctions.neauction.com/online-auctions/new-haven-auctions/lot-of-31-silver-and-bronze-red-cross-medals-pins-4767854

This is the auction site I found They have both the obverse and reverse of the Decorations

Cheers

Edited by Graf

Graf, this is the auction. I agree that in miniature everything can happen and had it been a mini I'd taken this as an makers mistake/funny variation.

I was not the buyer but I was just curious if this was some super rare 1. type something given out in 5 examples, but it's most likely what both you and Megan also suggests, a trial striking/prototype/design study or similar, then still of interest but not a textbook example.

3 hours ago, larsb001 said:

Graf, this is the auction. I agree that in miniature everything can happen and had it been a mini I'd taken this as an makers mistake/funny variation.

I was not the buyer but I was just curious if this was some super rare 1. type something given out in 5 examples, but it's most likely what both you and Megan also suggests, a trial striking/prototype/design study or similar, then still of interest but not a textbook example.

Thank you for your understanding i did not mean to upset you Just tried to get some helpful  suggestion

I hope your mini collection is growing bigger It is impressive

Regards