News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Blockade Runner badge Opinions

Hello all,

I was wondering if I can get some opinions on this badge,is it real or repro etc. I don't really collect these items so although I have a feeling it's good I'd like to get some imput from others and also if possible to get a rough value of what these items sell for. I am in the middle of going thru some of my stuff to see what I want and what I really don't wanna keep perhaps so any info on originality and value is much appreciated. Again thanks for any help

Duzig(Bill)

The case looks to be good, it appears to be a D&B base marked case.

The difference between the D&B marked marked case and others is that the base for the badge is a 'proper' actual base used in the odd award case too. The shape of the base and this very thin pile (for want of a better description) enable recognition of this specific case.

Kr

Marcus

Hello again all,

Thanks for your replies. Here are a few more pics,I hope they are clear enough and close enough. I had to downsize them so hoefully they'll be okay. Again I thank all for any help and info regarding this item.

Duzig(Bill)

I would still like to see better shots of the maker's mark and head of the eagle, but even though this one has the zinc type hinge and tombak catch, it is probably OK although not that common.

With clearer mark images, it would be fairly easy to make a final call.

From what I see so far, it is original.

Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I will try to get closer and clearer pictures as soon as I can. Again I thank you all for your opinions so far and hope to have more pics soon.

Thanks

Duzig(Bill)

Hello,

I will be borrowing a camera again in a few days hopefully...the problem lies more with my photographic abilities than in the camera most likely LOL.

Duzig(Bill)