News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

75 mark? Julius Maurer?

I wonder if anyone could tell me about this? My research seems to suggest it's an EK1 made by Julius Maurer based on the 75 marking on the pin. Is this correct? Any idea on value? Thanks

WIN_20240222_13_00_48_Pro.jpg

IMG_20240224_164642.jpg

IMG_20240224_164614.jpg

Yes, thank you. I'm sure you're right. This page shows what seems to be the same marking. I was confused by the long upper stroke which made the 1 look like a 7: https://stewartsmilitaryantiques.com/german-wwii-iron-cross-1st-class-marked-15-friedrich-orth.57640.archive.htm I'm getting a lot more hits search for Orth.

Given that it seems in very good condition, I imagine it would be towards the upper end of the price bracket?

I am afraid Iron Cross collecting is not so simple 😛 as Orth along with others did use parts/stamps from other makers, though the cross looks fine from pictures provided. It is a nice cased example but a fairly common cross to enjoy  👍👍

• 2 weeks later...
    On 25/02/2024 at 23:35, ashley58 said:

I am afraid Iron Cross collecting is not so simple 😛 as Orth along with others did use parts/stamps from other makers, though the cross looks fine from pictures provided. It is a nice cased example but a fairly common cross to enjoy  👍👍

I agree

However those crosses marked with the LDO - L/14 are very rare