News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

see this in the net, the man who post it calling this the medals of Ernst Udet being the property of a family friend in the united states. if so it was not the last medal bar of Udet because it miss the luftwaffe service medal. looks like his medals frozen in the year of the lord 1934 what I think is unlikely.

he wears also not a black wound badge of WW1, find only one pic were it seems to be ( the last one here). so I would say this is something build together to fool the common militaria collector who is not deep into medals. maybe the medal bar was real with the same combination like udet's own medal bar. I would say its not unique so a second man could have the same combination.

what do you think about it?

IMG_5451.jpeg

f0001.jpg

gettyimages-545972085-612x612.jpg

the-luftwaffe-at-aerial-and-anti-aircraft-manoeuvres-field-marshal-goering-talks-to-flight-g.jpeg

22ae6605-0001-0004-0000-000001072638_w640_r1.1075602194133078_fpx54.16_fpy49.99.jpg

1451758.jpg

ernst-udet-1937-c459pb.jpg

beside the facts its not possible to see the medals in detail so knowing if they are only copys it makes no sense that someone had Udets medals as they were in 1934. I would say he was using his old medals for making the next medal bar we seeing on the pics with the luftwaffe long service medal last place. I also wonder why he wear his wound badge only on the last pic, its not common.

beside the fact the wound badge on this pic looks solid and the one in the frame looks like the cut out version.

people want to believe. its maybe startet with the medal bar that had the same combination like Ernst Udet's bar so the one who created the frame was believing to have the right stuff. after changing hands two or three times the fairy tale became more real every time.

question is what realy happen with Udet's awards.