News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Screenshot_20240706_071042_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1e1aa74324d6ef66db1de15b98141b4a.jpgHi all, I've recently come across a dealer with two inhaber decorations, to my untrained eyes, they seem OK, however, given the unfortunate nature of the hobby today, with fakes etc, can anyone see any red flags, or are they what they seem? 

Any advice appreciated

Regards 

Screenshot_20240706_070941_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240706_070627_com.android.chrome_edit_2773676420930.jpg

Screenshot_20240706_070553_com.android.chrome_edit_2753678700100.jpg

Screenshot_20240706_070510_com.android.chrome_edit_2735281196457.jpg

I would advise caution, there’s excellent copies of this piece floating around. Do you know the dealer? Does he offer a guarantee and return privileges?? I’ve had a couple of these cased and boxed over the years but I’ve lost my archives, so I have no images to compare to anymore.

Hi thanks for the reply, the dealer is long established with a good reputation and known to me, they do offer money back guarantees

regards

I know it is not easy, but the correct description of the discussed Prussian decorations should be:

(1) Adler der Inhaber (Eagle of holder)

(2) Adler der Ritter (Eagle of knights)

Both belong to the Königlicher Hausorden von Hohenzollern / 2. Abteilung (Royal House Order of Hohenzollern / 2. Division)

The Adler der Inhaber seems to be a product by Sy & Wagner (possibly marked SW in the ring), who provided awarded decorations to the General-Ordens-Kommission.

The Adler der Ritter is known as a modern copy. You will hardly find awarded originals of this scarce class. I´ve seen over years only a hand ful of them.

Regards, Komtur.

Thank you for the additional information,

One quick question, what is that the difference between the fully enamelled version in black enamel, and the partially enamelled one?

Barry at emedals is a good guy when it comes to guaranteeing his material. I agree with Komtur that the Adler-Ritter is a fake, these are quite scarce. Here is my Inhaber example.

adler1.jpg

adler2.jpg

adler3.jpg

25 minutes ago, Alex K said:

... what is that the difference between the fully enamelled version in black enamel, and the partially enamelled one?

Hm, that´s what I tried to declare in my last post - these are two different classes of the order:

(1) Adler der Inhaber (Eagle of holder)

(2) Adler der Ritter (Eagle of knights)

PS: Please note the price difference for originials of these classes in the links above!

Edited by Komtur