News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

AP1GczMXoMYB-GKoxuDOS2KerK0_FvAf.thumb.jpg.ca78a0f74e46a2b2d36299332e05c70c.jpg

Just received this bar, and I'm trying to get a picture of the recipient.  The Bulgarian decoration might point towards 72nd (4th Thuringian) Infantry.  I'm assuming the green ribbon is the joint long service medal shared by the Saxon Duchies for enlisted army or the gendarmerie.  Who might have been in a position to have earned the Saxon long service and a Prussian long service?

The seller that I got it from found a picture of what might be a later bar from the same group:

Saxe-Ernestine.jpg

Anyone more familiar with the Saxon Duchies have any thoughts as to where these various clues might be pointing?  

Edited by landsknechte

3 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

Good Morning, really nice bar, can we see a picture of the back? Interesting combination, wish I had a clue to be able to help with some direction.

AP1GczMJKvtwwjrxQeYZheIeGpqrRN7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been spending the last few days working through the Thuringian Archives, and ended up having unexpectedly good fortune.  I looked to see what sort of intersection there might be between recipients of the SEHO Verdienstkreuz mit Schwertern, the SEHO Verdienstmedaille, and the Herzog Carl Eduard Medaille. 

I found four matches, all from 6. Thüringischen Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 95.

Offizier-Stellvertreter Edmund Schmidt

• SEHO Verdienstmedaille in Gold with Swords
    • SEHO Verdienstkreuz with Swords
    • Carl Eduard Medaille 2nd Class with Swords & Date

Offizier-Stellvertreter Eduard Allmrodt

• SEHO Verdienstmedaille in Silver
    • SEHO Verdienstmedaille in Gold with Swords

Leutnant August Luther (NCO commissioned late 1915 or 1916) 

• SEHO Ritterkreuz 2nd Class w/ swords 

Schmidt and Allmrodt have swords on their Verdienstmedaille, which we don't see reflected on the ribbon bar.  I'm not sure whether Allmrodt would wear both the gold and silver Verdienstmedaille, or if the gold would replace the silver.  That might be another strike against him.  Luther seems to have had an impressive career, but the pesky Ritterkreuz is a problem.  All would have swords on their Carl Eduard Medaille ribbon.

The fourth candidate fits the best.  No missing swords, and none where they're not supposed to be:

Unterzahlmeister Hermann Lieb

• Carl Eduard Medaille 2nd Class with Date (The archive lists this as being "mit Jahreszahl".  If I'm not mistaken, that's the very uncommon date only bar with no swords.)

Edited by landsknechte

• 2 weeks later...