News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian and French crosses

Chris Boonzaier

The official citation for his Legion d'H. published in 1918...

Great set of documents, Chris ! :jumping: And with a very nice citation to boot : I'd say the citation entitled him to two palms and two bronze stars on his French Croix de Guerre. The Belgian document shows his entitlement to a batch lot of CdG that was sent to France, never seen such a document before - Great stuff and thanks for sharing it !!!

Cheers,

Hendrik

• 5 months later...

Am hijacking this thread to continue on with CdG award documents, I just recieved this one today, regimental level, for fighting during the offensive in Picardy, August 1918.

He seems to have been a "Volunteer for all dangerous missions" and fought very well in the attacks on the 9th, 10th and 16th of August 1918.

Yep, it appears you've cornered the market.

I've seen some very nice French and Belgian docs at flea markets and Bourses aux armes or whatever you call them but unfortunately I can't read French. If the Belgian ones I've seen were in Flemish, I might have a chance of understanding them.

Tony

...booklet for the pension of a M?daille Militaire-winner...

Nice booklet, Eric ! I notice the gent in the picture served with the "Republican Guards" ... the guys that stand guard at the Senate and President's palace in Paris if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,

Hendrik