News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents,

this one has surfaced down under...

Now i have searched the sites for references to thsi badge...and found some Important points to check with these as they are heavily faked.

First is the dash above the L it must be over the bottom arm of the 'L' and secondly the 'O's must be perfectly round...not oval.

Ok so far on these points...

Now the pebbling...this one looks pebbled ok...

The centre Disc is a separate piece...

then the oak leaves, there is 9 per side, as per Originals.

There is no bevelling of the sides...and no line or ridge around the side...

So far...so good...

BUT!

the issue i have is the back of the badge/medal

the number looks OK...but there is NO maker mark OR Gesh Gesch markings on it....just the number...

and the pin attachment...its rather small in width compared with other units studied..

Please can the Gents who have one of these that is Genuine...look and compare and give me an honest calculated answer as to what they think of this badge/medal.

Many thanks Gents!

Kind regards

Paul

Thanks Laurence!

I had already looked at this site...and all the things he says to look out for are ok with this one...

BUT i need other examples of the early unmarked ones to compare... he even states on the site that one author believes that under 10,000 these were not marked with Ges Gesch....so it looks good again...

My beef is with the pin...how the plate holding it on is undersized....thats why i need another early one to compare it with...to see if this 'other' one has the same plate and pin...

I am strongly leaning towards it being a fake...just my gut instinct...

But i must make sure!

So if anyone out there has a GPB with a number under 10,000 please please post a pic of it here so we can sort this one out!

Many thanks :)

Paul

Nice! I know a fellow forum member, Reini, collects these and i think he may have one under the 10,00 mark. I'll send him an e-mail directing him to this thread. He seems quite knowledgable on these.

Sam.

Hi Lisbon67,

Are you Reini or Stephen? no matter really ...just wanted to know who i was addressing.. :)

Thanks for your input..i too am sure its a fake...from all my searching and burrowing...

Its just good to hear it from someone who knows for sure...just didnt wanna miss out on a bargain..

You know...we all never wanna pay too much for our treasures these days eh!...

But all is good..i can return it.. :)

Thanks Gents

Regards

Paul

New Zealand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It's Stephen here. Sorry for the delay - I don't usually check this part of the forum.

I'd say it's a fake. It's been around for a while, but it was one of the first ones to have a semi-convincing face. I think the die was cast from an original that had had the enamel knocked out. That's why the letters are right, but the leaves are indistinct. They never silvered the front and the pinplate is wrong.