News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Montenegro Secedes from Serbia

Poor writing on AP's part.

Montenegro couldn't secede from Serbia as it is not a part of Serbia. Serbia and Montenegro were separate republics of Yugoslavia until the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was renamed "Serbia and Montenegro". Montenegro was voting to break with the federation, of which it and Serbia are the last remaining members.

It is no more a secession from Serbia than Slovakia's independence was a secession from the Czech Republic.

Dave,

Thanks for setting things right!! :beer: Sometimes it seems like it's hard to keep up with the changes in that region. I still wonder if there will be a new arena of collecting ODMs :unsure:

:beer: Doc

Dave,

Thanks for setting things right!! :beer: Sometimes it seems like it's hard to keep up with the changes in that region. I still wonder if there will be a new arena of collecting ODMs :unsure:

:beer: Doc

Yes, on at least two levels:

1. Montenegro would have to create its own decorations, uniforms and insignia, which presumably wouldn't be that different from existing stuff, other than coats of arms, but might involve resuscitating pre-1918 Montenegrin symbols like the Order of Danilo.

2. The Vojska Jugoslavije (Armed Forces of Yugoslavia) only recently renamed itself the Vojska Srbije i Crne Gore (Armed Forces of Serbia and Montenegro). All that new insignia now becomes surplus.