News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

Oooooooooooooooooooo. :love::love::love: WHERE did those come from???????

The last "ribbon" on the sheet plastic painted 1985-87 bar is supposed to represent the 1970 Ministry of Defense Victory Jubilee, I think.

Now the SET OF THREE from the same officer :jumping::jumping::jumping:

18 ribbon bar, last 4 are

AMAZING INCREDIBLE NEVER SEEN (INCORRECT!!!!) Mongolian WW2 Victory Over Japan Medal, with RIBBON in colors of the 1945-61 ENAMEL "ribbon" bar colors!!!

Mongolian 1975 Victory Jubilee, Mongolian 1971 army jubilee, Polish WW2 Victory and Freedom Medal.

Next TWO from same guy end with the Mongol WW2-- is that one on the last bar PAINTED while all the rst are real ribbons.

WOWEE!!!!!!

(...)

The last "ribbon" on the sheet plastic painted 1985-87 bar is supposed to represent the 1970 Ministry of Defense Victory Jubilee, I think.

(...)

Yes Rick, it is the badge commemorating the 25th Anniversary of Victory in WWII.

Ch.

Rick,

Thanks!!! Tha last one does appear to be painted. I bought these from Paul Schmitt. I do luv 'em :love:

Doc

Doc,

You can be happy and proud of them :jumping::jumping: . I would have loved buying them, but Paul said you were the first on the case... :(

Cheers.

Ch.

I could kick myself for not recognizing the Polish WWII Victory and Freedom ribbon. I Knew it was Polish but couldn't get two brain cells to click!! :blush:

Rick, as for your question "Next TWO from same guy end with the Mongol WW2-- is that one on the last bar PAINTED while all the rest are real ribbons." At closer look it's a real ribbon with the gold stripes painted with gold paint.

Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Guest Rick Research

What is this, some kind of a cult? EVERYBODY knows where our Favorite Co-Author is EXCEPT me? :speechless1:

I am just knocked for a loop to see the "enamel ribbon bar" colors used AFTER the Mongolian 1945 Victory came out with a RIBBON ribbon bar form. I have never seen this before, ever. To have three to the same officer all using that is :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

many years ago I stupidly passed on a career officer's group that had all his medal award booklets sewn into a custom cover along with his Orders Book (thus instantly recognizable, whoever owns it Out There now) and with it came his medal bar which had the Mongolian 1945 Victory Medal MOUNTED Soviet style after his jubilees... but with an obviously custom-made red-blue-red ribbon logically diplicating the colors of the original enamel suspension.

Nevr did understand why the Mongolians used weird designs before 1961 that bore no relation to the full sized award suspension colors.

Anyway, congratulations on NIFTY finds.

So what can we "read" in this career? MMM and one Red Star for long service, 20 years time in after 1956, at least 25 years in when retired. Served in Poland, then Manchuria via Mongolia. One "real" Red Star somewhere along the way, probably a Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel, might have been a General, and alive in retirement 1978-85.