News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Shoulder Board (Purple Underlay?)

One more...slightly mismatched. Not sure if these are 2 differnt ones or just some variations due to the nature of their being "hand crafted"

Edited by Gary B

I can't find anything with a purple secondary Waffenfarbe for the Luftwaffe. The closest would be a dark blue that was for the Construction Service, however this was rescinded by order of LV 39B, Nr. 29, dated January 1939 and changed to a bright red.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Thanks, Lawrence.

Gary B

I can't find anything with a purple secondary Waffenfarbe for the Luftwaffe. The closest would be a dark blue that was for the Construction Service, however this was rescinded by order of LV 39B, Nr. 29, dated January 1939 and changed to a bright red.

Very interesting board! I think that I could have some information. I will be back after work! Is there a way to get a zoomed in shot of the purple section?

BTW, awesome tabs!!!

Hi Paul,

Thanks. Any info appreciated.

I will try to get some pix of the innerlay but tonight is my daughters 1st big dance (8th grade) so I will be occupied with that!

Gary B

Very interesting board! I think that I could have some information. I will be back after work! Is there a way to get a zoomed in shot of the purple section?

BTW, awesome tabs!!!

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you. In accordance with page 12 of Vol 2 of Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe by Angolia, there is no mention of a purple waffenfarbe.

However, there is a mention of a dark blue waffenfarbe which was used for a short period of time(1935-1940) by the Construction Administrative Service. It was replaced with the bright red waffenfarbe in 1940(With the General Administative Service).

Could the color be dark blue instead of purple?

Regards

Paul

EDIT>>> Same information as Larry passed... sorry about the duplication but we both have the same results.

• 1 year later...