News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusual? Medal Bar or just run of the mill?

Looking at the back of it, a couple of the medals have an extra piece of ribbon hanging down that should be attached to the backer. I also do not like the the ribbon on the Carl Eduard Medal hanging down further than the others. If these were all mounted at the same time by the same man, they would look identical. Therefore I believe it is built up from original materials from other bars.

Dan Murphy

Guest Rick Research

The pin goes from the left (hinge) to the right (catch) indicating that although mounted straight, this was intended to be worn as a Frackspange. But it was, as you have noted, originally made as a three medal bar, with the Saxe-Coburg Wedding Jubilee medals of 1899 and 1905 before the Bulgarian Civil Merit Cross.

[attachmentid=43802]

The cheap junior court flunky had THOSE three pulled off a 3 medal backing and resewn still bound together onto the 4 without switching them around in correct precedence, slapping his Saxe-Ernestine House Order silver medal on in the "up" position as he then decided to wear things... at the wrong end of his bar.

Other than being an "ugly" (period error) I see no problems with this. He obviously got away with wearing it without being chided by the Dowager Duchess to "do it up properly, man!" :cheeky:

Hello everyone:

The seller is commenting upon the fact that the medals are marked by the die-sinker House-medallist and Sculptor Max von Kawaczynski in Berlin in this instance and is not referring to the recipient of the group.

On some medals the name is spelled-out, and on some (i.e. some SEHO Verdienstmedaillen) it is simply "M. v. K".

I hope that this clarifies the situation a bit!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello everyone:

The seller is commenting upon the fact that the medals are marked by the die-sinker House-medallist and Sculptor Max von Kawaczynski in Berlin in this instance and is not referring to the recipient of the group.

On some medals the name is spelled-out, and on some (i.e. some SEHO Verdienstmedaillen) it is simply "M. v. K".

I hope that this clarifies the situation a bit!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thanks! I didn't know that!

Chris