News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A recent purchase. Rick L and I think the bar belonged to a diplomat in the 30's. Since the Greek medal was established after 1936 the bar would have to be dated after 1936.

The medals are:

1. Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914 combattant ribbon

2. Hindenburg Cross with Swords

3. Austria: Military Merit Cross with Military Decoration (pre-1938 mounting precendence)

4. Bulgaria: Civil Merit Order 1st Class in gold (silver gilt) with Crown

5. Greece: Phoenix Order Knight Cross, Republican Period (est 1936)

6. Yugoslavia: Order of the Yugoslavia Crown, Knight

7. Hungary: Order of Merit Cross 3rd Class

The Imperial awards give almost to clue as to the bars owner. Any suggestions on how to research the bar are appreciated.

Hi Paul, a beautiful bar, but I don't think any of the published literature/lists will help you on this one.... Diplomats were not in the ranklists (I believe).... If Rick Research cannot nail this down, I cannot imagine anyone else being able to....

Guest Rick Research

I am still wading through "5,000 K?pfe," which has numbers of such Legationsrat guys but no mentions at all of awards. I'm trying to fit assignments with chronology of awards.

I am REALLy looking forward to Paul's next visit so I can scan this BEAUTY in glorious sharp detail.

:food-smiley-004: