News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wow Gary... You were not lying! Those bars are great! Being a lover of noncombattant awards, my attention was snatched by those last two! I am especially envious of the MOUNTED Mine Rescue/Service Medal!

Awesome additions! :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Hey! :Cat-Scratch: Are you saving them up to POST, or are you FINDING them in batches???

I haven't got new bars in by the threes since the late 1980s!!! :speechless1:

I haven't EVER seen a mounted Mine Rescue medal. What's the backing look like on that one? "Rare" is an understatement. :love::love::love:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments!

Actually, Rick, I did get these in a batch of 3! :P It seems like it either rains or pours! It had been quite sometime since I had bought a medal bar and then these all popped up at once. Needless to say they also hurt my wallet! But I knew I would most likely never see a Mine Rescue Service medal in many years so I jumped at the opportunity.

The Mine bar is in the safe now but the backing is the yellow wool that I have seen on other single bars, ususally NSDAP 10 year awards. Nothing "glows", ribbon condition mathces rest of mount. Just the stuff one looks for!

Gary B

I've never even seen the Mine Rescue for sale anywhere! It is indeed a unique and very nice medal, were there different classes of this medal as well? The first medal bar is a beauty as well of an obviously early war member who did some traveling obviously :P Nice stuff!

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the PM Gary, I have bought off that site in the past and he always has lots of great stuff! The Mine Rescue medal is definitely a great unique item. Now just have to save up...Sigh...where's the lottery when you need it! :P

Cheers,

Pat