News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Miniature Knight Cross whit oak leaf, swords & diamonds

I don't like it, it is just the not the quality I would expect for a decoration like this. Most of the Diamonds winners were generals or field marshalls, men that could afford the best. Since all of these men were in uniform, in positions of responsibility during war time. There was not a lot of time for attending balls and such in mufti. Any such miniatures would most likely be made post war when they were out of uniform. Of course the swastika could not be worn at that time. Sorry.

Dan Murphy

I don't like it, it is just the not the quality I would expect for a decoration like this. Most of the Diamonds winners were generals or field marshalls, men that could afford the best. Since all of these men were in uniform, in positions of responsibility during war time. There was not a lot of time for attending balls and such in mufti. Any such miniatures would most likely be made post war when they were out of uniform. Of course the swastika could not be worn at that time. Sorry.

Dan Murphy

I agree. The quality just isn't there for a wartime piece, and post war you would have to have an oakleaf center, not swaz on your decorations.

Thanks for your opinions! It was my thought also but on the other hand this is nothing I seen before, so...

Have compared it to two 57 oakleavs & sword. The earliest one is in fact more detailed than the diamond, but not as bad as the ribbon stickpin. The size and the plain reverse was also a bit odd.

Kjell

[attachmentid=45868]