News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just spotted these of ebay:

2 Soviet Russian medals - 25 year anniversary of the end of WW2, Victory over Fascist Germany. Medal on left is the military version (heavier and more substantially made), medal on the right is the civilian version. Valiant and Heroic Russian soldier has his foot on the swastika. Great symbolism.

Now I have neve heared that there was Civilian Version? :unsure:

Order of Victory,

There is only one version with several makers. I went through this myself. I thought that there was a gold and a silver version. They are all gold however some of the gold wash wasn't worth a darn depending on the maker. So you and I have one that looks silverish and one that looks gold. But there is only one version with no deifference between military & civilian.

:beer: Doc

Guest Rick Research

No, that weird late 1972 was made in the wrong silver color-- I've got one too. Just a manufacturer's mistake:

[attachmentid=45869]

[attachmentid=45870]

I have seen the flimsy little award papers issued by the Ministry of Defense AND the Ministry of the Interior...

whether that WAS a badge color difference, I doubt. My silver 1972 came in a Leningrad Sergeant Major's group, with a MoD document for it.

Rick,

I thought that I had one of each. I was corrected by Alexie and TAKc at another forum. They are all gold. Gold wash sloppy when applied. now it's gone leaving you and me with what looks like a gold and silver version. I don't know where to go from here.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That's the first gold colored "1972" by this unknown maker that I've seen!

Must have been low bidders!!! :cheeky::beer:

Order of Victory,

You are not the only one. I thought the same thing when I got what i thought were Gold and Silver versions. I now know that there is only the gold but many, many makers. :o:o