News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 L/12 TR

I've seen it......600? :speechless: I don't have a Juncker EK in my collection,but I wouldn't spend so much money for a '39 EK!

Micha

That's a lot of money now, but since you just don't ever see these, then what will one have to pay if one becomes available in say 5 years? I don't know. They obviously don't last too long when offered at that price. I once said I would never pay over $100.00 for a nice uncased 1st class (TR or Imperial). Unfortunately I passed on a lot of great medals in the 80's that would cost at least twice as much as that now. I don't have one (Junker) either, as these are rare birds, and would really like to have one, especially in that good of shape. I guess it boils down to how bad you want something. Anyway, the search continues! Good to hear from ya! Russel

Edited by ekhunter

please see "1914 EK1,TR manufacture" on the second

page of posts under The Imperial Iron Cross.

mine is a screwback.

600 E????? WHEW!

joe

Joe, I was actually looking at the one from Detlev and then went back and looked at your 1914 L/12. I probably should have posted this thread in the other Iron Cross Section. I love yours, and I started actually talking about how much I like yours, forgetting it was yours. Got a newborn at home, still in Zombie mode. Long night last night! Anyway, these are rare!

I once said I would never pay over $100.00 for a nice uncased 1st class (TR or Imperial).

I remember when I started out in Imperial and went to the few Max shows in Baltimore MD (that should date me) I was buying pinback EK1s for $80 and screwbacks were $100, maybe $125 for a really nice one. :jumping: My Victoria DRGM screwback was only $80 because the threads were worn out. :beer: This is when I got the majority of my EK1s and EK2s. I remember seeing a guy with a huge wire ring that must have had 200 EK2s on it. No ribbons, but they were $15 each. Times have changed and we will surely never see that again.

Dan Murphy

I remember when I started out in Imperial and went to the few Max shows in Baltimore MD (that should date me) I was buying pinback EK1s for $80 and screwbacks were $100, maybe $125 for a really nice one. :jumping: My Victoria DRGM screwback was only $80 because the threads were worn out. :beer: This is when I got the majority of my EK1s and EK2s. I remember seeing a guy with a huge wire ring that must have had 200 EK2s on it. No ribbons, but they were $15 each. Times have changed and we will surely never see that again.

Dan Murphy

How true! You must be talking about early 80's. I had a chance once to buy a box full of 2nd classes, no ribbons, at $20 a pop, must have been 100 in there. I was mostly into Lugers then and passed. Stupid me. The prices on the rarer crosses have gone through the roof. Crazy field we are in, rare to find a steal anymore, but sometimes! However, I think these are the best times because of the Internet, it is like a show everyday, unfortunately, you got to pay to play.