News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

American Revolution Documents

Bear

Guest WAR LORD

The musket has seen some years of sevice. It is interesting to see it has been converted to precusion along the way.

Hello Warlord,

I'm not sure when it was converted, but it still works and was last fired in the 1970s. In the lower left corner of the send photo you can see the gun being held.

thanks,

barry

Guest WAR LORD

The time these were being converted was in the late 1840 early 50's. The precusion system had been invented and this was your upgrade. Local gunsmiths found this a great soarse of new income. In England you see Farmers 12 boars changed at this point.

Where do collectors find such items? I have never heard of Revolutionary Militaria or documents being sold on the open market!

Try looking on eBay for the more common items:

http://collectibles.search-desc.ebay.com/r...rchiZQQsaprcloZ

Also, there are a number of reputable auction houses that have document/manuscript/autograph sales on a fairly frequent basis which often include a good number of Revolutionary War documents.

Dave

• 1 year later...
    • 3 weeks later...