News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Stogie,

Prussian DA-Kreuz (where is the Centenar Medaille?) and Bavarian DA-Medaille together? I don't think so. Bavarian Officer with a silberne Verdienstmedaille of Baden? Wouldn't be more appropriate maybe a OZL?

No, no, it makes completely no sense, especially with the KDM 1870-71. :shame:

The more I look at it, the less I like it... all wrong!!!

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

"No, no, it makes completely no sense, especially with the KDM 1870-71."

:beer:

I think (I hope!) whoever is bidding is bidding just for the MVO4X and the parts "value."

What a horror this is. :mad:

Actually, one does occasionally find weird out-of-state long service awards. The "usual" circumstaance would be somebody from a state other than Prussia in the colonial service who was processed through with the long service award of that moment and did NOT convert it to their own when they got back home. So there are WW1 Bavarians with "Prussian" long services.

This "1870 veteran who was a 1917 NCO but got a BMV4X after the Baden MMM" isn't one of THEM, however.

A simple solution here is that the 1870/71 KDM & Bars does not belong here at all, nor does the BMVO4X... replace it with an MVK3 and put the correct Honor Cross Back, remove the incorrect battle bars.... and hey!

A perfectly good medal bar! ;>)

Guest Rick Research

Well, except for the multiple holes Idiot has jammed into the Hindenburg Cross ribbon. :angry:

Any view of the BACK?

I suspect this is a brand new Flat Bottom FRAUD rather than an actual Bavarian mounting. I don't see clips in front.

And, expanding upon that... if those are ORIGINAL 1870/71 battle bars

I am the rightful Shah of Iran. :banger:

Interesting.... I had thought they were the same, but did not save the links ro the previous auctions. There's been not just multiple appearances of bad 'blocks' of bars, but legit WW2 bars destroyed by adding the fake bars. Sad, sad, sad.