News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EHRENPOKAL DER LUFTWAFFE

No problem with that one.

A typical example of “Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg” in ‘Feinsilber’ issued to Luftwaffe flugzeugführer / Uffz Gerhard Dobschat, 7./Stuka-Geschw.77

Dobschat was also awarded the DKiG on 28.01.43.

Thank you "J Temple-West" for that information. I know that he also got the knight cross but he isn't mentioned in the list. I have pictures when he got it!

Do you have more background info about Dobschat (other awards / where and in which units he was fighting ect.)? Is he listed in the book about "Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe"? Because I don't have that book :-)

He appears in the listings for both Pokal and DKiG, but not in any RK listings that I can find.

You will have to start researching his unit 7./Stuka-Geschw.77. I suspect he would have served mostly on the Eastern Front.

Not the silver version, it is made of silvered Alpaka.

To clarify: the term “Feinsilber” (also known as German silver) seen on the base of the Pokal was a term for a mixture of alloys used by manufacturers to replace actual silver, a commodity, among many others, that became increasingly hard to acquire during the war years.

The goblet was instituted in 1940, and the fact that early examples can be found made in .835 silver is due to the award being funded by the German Aviation Industry.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...