News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Rare Minenwerfer stuff...

• 4 weeks later...
    • 10 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

it is a drag strap. The loop of canvas (an ersatz material) is about 10cm wide.

It may be a generic strap for MW and arty, LMW are not the only things that were dragged, and the hook is large for the drag rings on the LMW. It does fit, but not a perfect fit. I have seen LMW with larger rings where this WOULD fit perfectly.

So, i am going with a Generic drag strap that could have been used on MW and Arty (Or ammo waggons?)

Holy cripes!

It's much bigger than it looked in the original photo you posted. Now that I see this, I think I have a photo of it being used.

Chip

Edited by Chip

• 3 months later...

Ah

I know I find it here Chris

Thank you for showing I adore the drag strap also, MG crews had quite a similar one with an adjustable buckle that differed from the sled/gun harness it was used to help in pulling the two wheeled cart.

Regards

Eric

Edited by Hoss

Ah

I know I find it here Chris

Thank you for showing I adore the drag strap also, MG crews had quite a similar one with an adjustable buckle that differed from the sled/gun harness it was used to help in pulling the two wheeled cart.

Regards

Eric

Pretty cool eh ?! :-)