News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Victory Medal Award Documents in General

January 29, 1923

I do not know much about these certificates, I believe that is not only interesting in them the names of the soldiers of the Great War, but also the signature of the master or the 1st Minister?

Edited by lambert

hi Paul.

This is the right model for diploma Army Victory Medal. There is a degree to
    commemorative War Medal 1915 - 1918 is different.

the certificate says "LA MEDAGLIA A RICORDO DELLA GVERRA EVROPEA - MCMXIV - MXMXVIII " (medal victory) both treated as "ricordo" (remembrance) medal.

Attestation of commemorative medal: "DECRETA .... È AVTORIZZATO A FREGIARSI DELLA DELLA MEDAGLIA ISTITVITA A RICORDO GVERRA MCMXV - MCMXVIII " Later this law received a stamp, allowing also the Victory Medal, so a Double Degree.

Best Regards

:beer:

Lambert

photos
    http://www.medailles1914-1918.fr/italie-commemora.html

Edited by lambert

My apologies Lambert I assumed if it was the victory medal the final date would be MCMXIX as 1919 was the effective date of the end of WWI with the signing of the Versailles Treaty.

Paul

No problem.

:beer:

Best regards

Lambert

If you take a look to the first page of this topic, you can find the images of both Italian Interallied medal diplomas, the one for the Army and the second for the Navy. Both have the "signature" of the Ministers - actually both are stamps.

The commemorative medal diploma has the years 1915-1918 (24th May 1915 was the declaration of war from Italy to Austria, 4th Nov 1918 was the surrending of Austria). The clasps were 1915,1916,1917,1918 and, unofficially, 1919 and 1920 (Albania).

The Interallied medal and diploma have the years 1914-1918, but there is one variant of the medal with the years 1915-1918.

The Interallied medal and diploma have the years 1914-1918, but there is one variant of the medal with the years 1915-1918.

Hello Sergio

you could talk more variant of the Victory Medal (1915-1918)? you have pictures of this medal?

Lambert

Edited by lambert

Thank you for your interest.

According to the book of Scarpa-Sézanne, there are 6 variants of the medal:

- basic: no words
    - 1: "G.Orsolini mod." on the obverse
    - 2: "G.Orsolini mod." / "S.Johnson-Milano" on the obverse, "G.Villa inc." on the reverse
    - 3: "G.Orsolini mod." / "F.M.Lorioli & Castelli-Milano" on the obverse
    - 4: "G.Orsolini mod." / "Sacchini-Milano" on the obverse, "G.Villa inc." on the reverse

- 5: no words, On the obverse the years are MCMXV - MCMXVIII

Unfortunately I do not have the variant 5, so I cannot post its image. In my collection there are the variants 1 to 4 only.

May be it is interesting that two more medals exists. They were proposed, but not accepted, so they are really scarce.

No photos of this variant, the drawing comes from the book of Scarpa-Sézanne:

interall3.jpg

The last variant was sold on ebay some years ago for some 300 euros. Here is its picture. For me it is the most beautiful.

interall-2-recto.jpg

interall-2-verso.jpg

Edited by claudio2574

Thank you for your interest.

According to the book of Scarpa-Sézanne, there are 6 variants of the medal:

- basic: no words

- 1: "G.Orsolini mod." on the obverse

- 2: "G.Orsolini mod." / "S.Johnson-Milano" on the obverse, "G.Villa inc." on the reverse

- 3: "G.Orsolini mod." / "F.M.Lorioli & Castelli-Milano" on the obverse

- 4: "G.Orsolini mod." / "Sacchini-Milano" on the obverse, "G.Villa inc." on the reverse

- 5: no words, On the obverse the years are MCMXV - MCMXVIII

Unfortunately I do not have the variant 5, so I cannot post its image. In my collection there are the variants 1 to 4 only.

May be it is interesting that two more medals exists. They were proposed, but not accepted, so they are really scarce.

No photos of this variant, the drawing comes from the book of Scarpa-Sézanne:

interall3.jpg

The last variant was sold on ebay some years ago for some 300 euros. Here is its picture. For me it is the most beautiful.

interall-2-recto.jpg

interall-2-verso.jpg

no words, #5 On the obverse the years are MCMXV - MCMXVIII Is this medal "real" I have never seen one? I have asked many to post one without an luck. Even LASLO does not have one in his book. so I ask why is there is no example of this medal available for us to see?

Costantino Scarpa / Paolo Sézanne, together or not, published a set of books in the 80's for the Historical offices of Army, Navy and Air Force of Italy. Each volume is full of official references about the medals/ribbons and images. Usually they put only drawings and the photos (b/w) are the only poor element of each book. Here you can find some covers of their books.

13.jpg12.jpg8.jpg

In the first book of this set the Interallied medal is described in detail (pages 125 and following). The table 25, hereafter, has the images of the three basic types. Only one of these types were actually accepted and it is the well known Italian interallied medal, with its 6 variants. The other two were proposed but never accepted, so there are really a few items of them.

The picture shows also the type 5 (years 1915-1918) which is actually identical to the others in all its elements, but the years.

scarpa-sezanne.jpg

Hope this can help.

Edited by claudio2574

Hello Claudio.
    Thanks for posting this, I actually knew this kind of medal, the time I posted this in the following VIC Italian, but got no comment ...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/49858-italian-victory-medals/page-7 #132 - 134

I think this medal could be classified in the category unofficial VIC as in French?

Lambert

Edited by lambert

Hi Lambert. I suppose that your comments #132-134 are translations from my site http://www.faleristica.it .

Type 2 and 3 medal are actually unofficial VIC. The difference from French ones is that they were never produced and distributed in significant numbers.

Two years ago there was a discussion in an Italian forum about the medal. Here is the link:

http://miles.forumcommunity.net/?t=44916321

In this topic, post #34, I wrote that the medal was sold for some 300 euros. Mistake. It was 400.

Pls consider that Fiodor181 is a very well known collector, may be one of the top experts about Italian medals

Edited by claudio2574

• 5 months later...