News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Army Doctor Display

I thought the officers had bullion badges on their headgear?  Most round here do that I have noticed anyway?  I don't really know that much about the BW though to be honest so it would be good to know.

Cheers

Jock:)

Hi,

according to the topic "Army doctor ..." ... well these are rank insignias of a 2nd and a 1st lieutenant.

These are officiers of the medical corps, maybe "army doctor" cadetts who are in their university education with aesculapian insignia. Or older soldiers coming from the NCO´s ranks.

The German Army doctor has the rank insignia of a captain, and gets the German pay grade A 13  of a major.

Hauptmann with aesculapian insignia - Stabsarzt - pay grade A 13 as major

Major with aesculapian insignia - Oberstabsarzt - A 14 as Lieutenant colonel

Lt. Col. with aesculapian insignia - Oberfeldarzt - A 15 as Lieutenant colonel (superior pay grade)

Colonel with aesculapian insignia -  Oberstarzt - A 16 as Colonel

Michael

Hello Michael, 

Thank you for the explanation.  That makes sense.  Here, doctors I've seen are of the Captain rank or above.  Do you have any images of these slides with the medical emblem on them?  Are they embroidered onto the field slides as well?

Regards

Paul

Hi,

both are worn nowadays , in former days only metal.

There are different kind of embroidered.

The official ones ZDv 37/10 http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Schulterklappen-Sani-Marine-Navy-Stabsarzt-gold-oliv-getragen-1748-/00/s/MTM0NVgxNjAw/z/jC8AAOSwq7JT03au/%24_35.JPG, a little stripe with the aeskulap.

and the non official http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Schulterklappen-Rangabzeichen-Sani-Luftwaffe-Stabsarzt-weiss-Flecktarn-1034-/00/s/MTMwOFgxNjAw/z/Y7MAAOxygPtS325F/%24_35.JPG, which the soldiers pay by theirself.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

these two pictures I took last weekend at the Swiss 2 day March.

The Oberstabsarzt told me, that he wears the non official rank slides. Well, that is the reason I wanted to take a photo for a collector friend I told him.

SL372178.JPG

SL372175.JPG

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

"... the blue cord at the base of the shoulder strap. Is this optional?"

No, the "Schlaufe" (loop) is mandatory in the Army (Heer).

It seems, that it is not the correct coloured loop, because the loop for medicals is dark blue; this loop seems to be medium blue, the colour for logistics.

Uwe

• 5 weeks later...

Couldn't remember what it was you were after and I picked this up in error today, prat that I am.  I will still keep my eyes open.  He had two army flyers berets too, burgundy coloured with a Luftwaffe style wing thing crossing a sword?  I believe they may be stationed at Fassberg?

CIMG9897.JPG

CIMG9899.JPG

CIMG9900.JPG