News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mus?e National de la L?gion d'honneur (Paris)

g_deploige

Dear friends

The Museum of the Order of the Legion of Honnor in Paris has a new look and will be open agian for the public the 22 Nov 2006 13: Hr :jumping::jumping::jumping:

More information on http://www.legiondhonneur.fr

The museum has been opend last friday official by the president of the French Republic, Mr. J. Chirac

her you can see Some pictures

:beer:

Edited by g_deploige

Just let us know... to us Parisians !!! :beer:

Ch.

Gents,

in my next year's agenda : Sat. 21 April, visit to L?gion d'Honneur museum - Sun. 22 April, Militaria Sale at Rungis ... nice combination package and getting to spend a couple of days in Paris at the same time :P

No reason why like minds shouldn't meet !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Gents,

in my next year's agenda : Sat. 21 April, visit to L?gion d'Honneur museum - Sun. 22 April, Militaria Sale at Rungis ... nice combination package and getting to spend a couple of days in Paris at the same time :P

No reason why like minds shouldn't meet !

Cheers,

Hendrik

Great!

Hmmm... maybe the French Society should host next year's international meeting? :beer:

Please post your pictures when you return for those like me who can't travel outside of the USA because I have to have my Service dog with me. I look forward to seeing your pics!!! :jumping:

:beer: Doc

Uhmmm... might be off topic, but what use does a medic have for a dog?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends

I visited the Museum of the L?gion of Honnor in Paris

it is :jumping::jumping::jumping: FANTASTIC :love:

You have to visit it, take a whole afternoon for it ;) and if your compagnon would like to see something else than medals you can send here to visit the Museum d'Orsay (museum of fine art) the enterance is in front of the enterance of the Museum of the L?gion d'honneur

:beer:

Uhmmm... might be off topic, but what use does a medic have for a dog?

I'm an Ex-Medic...But once a Medic always a medic. Just like there's no such thing as an "Ex-Marine" there's no such thing as an "Ex-Medic"...I'm Doc for life!!!

My Service Dog is a Medical Assistance Dog. He helps pull my wheelchair, picks up things I drop, helps open doors, brings the phone when I need to call the Paramedics & more. Taz is my right arm!!!

Edited by Riley1965

• 5 weeks later...

I visited the Mus?e de la L?gion d'Honneur this afternoon.

Fantastic!! Outstanding!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

I already loved the former version of the Museum, but the new one is excellent.

In the former one, I loved the exhaustivity of the displays of French orders and medals. And, I have to confess I liked the old style of this Museum (in the style of the actual Mus?e de l'Ordre de la Lib?ration; an other excellent place). I was wondering if the new style, new look and feel of this Museum would not be to the detriment of the content of the exhibits.

I was wrong. Because, not only it is very stylish and well displayed, but you will find hundreds (literaly) of drawers,with internal lighting, to display more awards and documents than there were in the past. The place dedicated to the non-French awards has been considerably increased!!! :jumping:

Photos are not allowed with flash. But it is Ok without. I will go back there and post some of them.

I recommend the visit, and as said earlier, take the time to also visit the Mus?e d'Orsay. :beer:

Cheers.

Ch. (a happy man, more than pleased to meet again with one of his favourite Museum). :)

No pb. I will have to check the next time.

Thank you very much Christophe. I am looking forward to seeing your post (when I have been to Paris some years ago the museum was closed for restoration).

And another question: Did anyone see the album below ("Grand Colliers" edited by the Mus?e National de la L?gion d'honneur and published in 1997 at the Imprimerie Facedim-Chatellerault - ISBN 2-910575-00-4)? I wrote to the Museum, but they said that they no longer have any copy available... :(

b51b2fi.jpg

Thank you very much Christophe. I am looking forward to seeing your post (when I have been to Paris some years ago the museum was closed for restoration).

And another question: Did anyone see the album below ("Grand Colliers" edited by the Mus?e National de la L?gion d'honneur and published in 1997 at the Imprimerie Facedim-Chatellerault - ISBN 2-910575-00-4)? I wrote to the Museum, but they said that they no longer have any copy available... :(

b51b2fi.jpg

I have this book. It is not any more for sale in the Museum.

What are you looking for ?

Ch.

Maybe the Grand Collar of the Order of Carol I, or the one of the Order of Ferdinand I, both gift of the King Carol II to France ? :rolleyes:

Right on spot, Christophe, thanks. :) If you can scan the images in the book (and the fragments describing them) I will send you my e-mail address where to send them. :blush:

Christophe,

:jumping: You are having me want to make a trip to Paris and the museum :jumping: The only problem I can see is that I don't know about your laws regarding Medical Assistance Dogs/Service Dogs. My dog "Taz" is trained to help pull me in my wheelchair, pick-up items I drop,etc. I can't go anywhere without him. He has flown around the USA with me just fine. I want to go to the museum and of course meet up with you to talk medals and whatever comes up. Would you check for me?

No pb.

I have even some pics of these orders in the Museum.

PM your e-mail address for the pics of the book. I'll post the other pics I have taken here... but not before this week-end (some work to do on them) :rolleyes: .

Thanks Christophe. I have sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

Christophe,

:jumping: You are having me want to make a trip to Paris and the museum :jumping: The only problem I can see is that I don't know about your laws regarding Medical Assistance Dogs/Service Dogs. My dog "Taz" is trained to help pull me in my wheelchair, pick-up items I drop,etc. I can't go anywhere without him. He has flown around the USA with me just fine. (...) :beer: Doc

Hi Doc,

That's a point I have to check, but I really don't think there should be any pb, here in Paris. I'll pdate you on this. :)

Cheers.

Ch.

Maybe the Grand Collar of the Order of Carol I, or the one of the Order of Ferdinand I, both gift of the King Carol II to France ? :rolleyes:

Is there any information in the book on the awardees? The collar of the Order of Ferdinand might be that of General Berthelot as he is said to have been the only foreigner to receive this order.

Is there any information in the book on the awardees? The collar of the Order of Ferdinand might be that of General Berthelot as he is said to have been the only foreigner to receive this order.

Neither in the book nor in the museum is said anything about the awardees of these two collars.

It is said that these collars of the Order of Carol I and of Ferdinand I have been made by Resch, in Bucharest.

I'm not sure they have been awarded...

Ch.