News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Anything might be theoretically "posible" with a one-off wearer-home-made monstrosity :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: bars, but I have never seen one length of ribbon used for each award like this, in effect "stapled" on awards THROUGH that ribbon, in a combination that does not make much sense

the Altenburg Jubilee medal to a Saxon Very Junior NCO with zero long service awards and nothing pre-war from Altenburg.

The FEEBLE clip on reverse is also bizarre for a German medal bar and it is, of course, in the unusual original but most common currently Frankenstein'd flat bottom style.

I doubt very much that this bar could actually be WORN without immediately leaping off those miniscule end hooks and falling to the floor. :speechless:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many things not right about this one.

I didn't like the bar so passed. But having said that, I found it very interesting that the piece is verbatim correct mounting precedence for a native of the Kingdom.... The mounting style with the clips is more Austrian, than anything else in my eyes. The bar style is "South German" and yes is heavily faked. I found it intrigueing and many tantalizingly correct things.... but just as many "not so good" issues. It's a shame that we have to be so paranoid about bars these days.

I'm not paricularly thrilled by it. The seller has a bad rep in Oz and is known for fanciful and downright ridiculous descriptions. Although diamonds can be found in the vilest dungheap I'd say this one's paste.

I didn't like the bar so passed. But having said that, I found it very interesting that the piece is verbatim correct mounting precedence for a native of the Kingdom.... The mounting style with the clips is more Austrian, than anything else in my eyes. The bar style is "South German" and yes is heavily faked. I found it intrigueing and many tantalizingly correct things.... but just as many "not so good" issues. It's a shame that we have to be so paranoid about bars these days.

Stogie, my sentiments exactly -

I think that those clips alone will not hold that Bar on the tunic for long - bending down, the slightest jump, dancing, rubbing up against your partner or even just taking off the tunic will unhindge that bar. If it was ever worn, the bearer was probably confined to a wheelchair.

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Guest Rick Research

There's a fairly recent thread in the Iron Crosses sub forum with a number of recent eCrap offerings of EK1s all so freakishly phantasmagorically made that they could not possibly ever have been WORN. (I think the 1/4 inch screwpost was my favorite-- apparently for speedo bikini wear. :speechless: ) This bar is in that category, methinks. So much effort, so little thought. GOD forbid somebody could make an HONEST sale of a loose Altenburg Jubilee medal. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Hallo Gents,

Any comments on the method of fixing the medals through the ribbons to some kind of "ring"

Its not something I have noticed before :unsure:

The backing material also shows no kind of wear what so ever, and with such tiny thin thread!!

If coming from a firm with E.M. in the name I would treat it with much suscpicion.

I must add from an asthetic point of view all those showing medal Ose dont add much

to its appeal, it would not have been so hard to dress the bar to hide the ironworks.

I dount if a self-respecting military-tailor-provider would add his name to it,

I mean its not a great advertisement of the work, is it? :speechless:

Kevin in Deva :beer: