News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: That fool! He hasn't torn up the ribbon bar into scraps yet for maximum profit!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Rick Research

1) EK2 1914

2) HH

3) BH

4) Hindenburg X

5) RAO4

6) I assume this is an EH3aX ?

7) ???

8) Saxon War Effort Cross

9) ? Hessian Philipp-- but what class ?

10) SWA-Steel

11) Prussian XXV

12) 1897 Centenary

13) Coburg 1899 Wedding

14) ???

Guest Rick Research

Ah, my mistake-- from crappy Hubble telescope scan.

8) Saxon Albert Order

and

6) is yet another Naughty Man playing "Kleindekoration" on us.

annnnd

he is omitting an enemy award in

15) that is not there.

Tricky, tricky. But gnomes are persistent.

Nobody exciting--Oberstleutnant aD--but identified.

Marvelous things, award Rolls. :beer:

Hello,

Whatever happened towards that bar is monstrous. However this one is not lost => iff someone is willing to obtain all parts (not speaking what it will cost :rolleyes: ) it is possible to restore this one again.

But that is a long shot and in the meantime we can only :banger:

Cordial greetings,

Not that I'm defending this guy, but I have run into bars that were torn apart for some reason by the original owners, but if this guy did it he's a turd :violent:

Eric

Yes Eric K. this is a possibility, but the initial damage having been done, it is being compounded further by selling the various pieces off individually. The chance of one buyer getting all of these pieces and keeping it all together is remote at best.

I bought a group of awards from a well known Austrian dealer some years ago. In this case, the pieces which had been mounted on the medal bar had been removed (before the dealer got them) and most were in their original cases; but the point is that they were offered, sold and remain today as a complete ensemble.

Lastly, I would like to point to a group offered by e-medals. I am referring specifically to the group of decorations awarded to Alfred von Vollard-Bockelberg which, among other things includes his PLM, Order of the W?rttemberg Crown officer?s cross with swords, Saxe-Ernestine House Order, knight's cross first class with swords.... Obviously, Barry could have broken this group up and sold it off, piece by piece, long ago; but he has forgone a quicker, and perhaps even greater, profit by keeping the lot intact, and I think that he deserves proper recognition and credit for having done so. :cheers:

Regards,

Wild Card

:speechless: :speechless:

Yes Madness but he will laugh all the way to the bank..... right now over 1400 Euro , seems that a lot of collectors just want more things

never mind how they are offered :banger:

This bar is ruined and will never be authentic again :(

Christer

This is a very, very sad story - I saw that, too. He did not do it for the profit as he is bloody unaware. I think he just didn't realize that he's destroying - he even destroyed his wallet, I'm pretty sure the bar would have made far more money than the remains will do.

Is here anyone who is willing to bid seriously on all awards to restore the bar? If so I won't bid, but I think that noone can do that and that I'll buy one of the orders. It's sad, but it happened.

Guest Rick Research

There is a particular brand of paranoid conspiracy kook :unsure: which has long asserted that fluoride added to public water supplies here since the 1950s to counter tooth decay in fact makes people stupid.

I am coming around to that conclusion myself. :catjava:

I wonder what the excuse is in Germany, where this particular form of Shredding Madness seems to be centered.

Do they cut up clothes in pieces and sell the rags, too? :rolleyes:

Personally, I have seen this happen far too often.

Christer is correct:

the medal bar has already been destroyed. It cannot be fixed. Its "virginity" is GONE.

What Bolsehviks, a world war and political division could not destroy in 90 years, one moron--one fool--one idiot has ruined.

It CANNOT be put back together again.

And I must say, I must BLAME the particular sub-variant of Stupid Collector who, again, I see centered in Germany--

the "I ONLY Collect This-N-That" cretins.

NOBODY BID ON ANY OF THE RIPPED APART FRAGMENTS.

The ones who do-- the smug "I only collect Coburg 1899 jubilee medals" imbeciles-- can rot in (censored). :rolleyes:

I would rather die than put one Partial National Currency Unit into the hands of a retarded ghoul like this seller.

Is here anyone who is willing to bid seriously on all awards to restore the bar? If so I won't bid, but I think that noone can do that and that I'll buy one of the orders. It's sad, but it happened.

I don't think anybody should, even if this particular specimen was unaware of his folishness, others do break groups for maximizing their profit. And by trying to keep it togther, we the collectors are feeding their wallets. We should see these groups as lost and definitely not increase the final price.

As one of my countrymen said it will never be authentic again.

Edited by RaZpuTiN

Gentlemen,

For what it?s worth, it appears to me that the ribbon bar in post #1 indicates a Saxon Ernestine House Order with swords, while post #8 shows a 2nd class knight?s badge without swords.

Can anyone offer an explanation for this apparent discrepancy?

Thanks in advance,

Wild Card

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Naughty man is "Kleindekoration"ing an EH2bX from Meiningen during the war. :rolleyes: