News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I came across this ribbon bar at a show today. The owner was asking if it might be traceble and I told him I would pass the pictures on for evaluation. There are things about this bar that arouse my suspicions...but then I'm a suspicious type. What say you gents?

Guest Rick Research

Exactemundo, my bruddas! I stopped as soon as I saw the first scan for the below:

[attachmentid=13838]

yes it IS traceable:

To Ohio in the 1990s. This is CLASSIC Ohio Parts Fraud, all hand snipped brass backing, catch, pin, and absolutely idiotic over the top FAKE devices.

A ribbon bar is the tale of the wearers career.

THIS volume is "fiction."

[attachmentid=13840]

Guest Brian von Etzel

Awesome, this guy must have started in Hollywood making bars for the 'Krauts' in all the 50's and 60's WWII movies.

The only good thing you can say about the guy is he was pretty consistent in what he did/made. They're pretty easy to spot if you know what to look for. When he started, he used primarily original devices and the prices were low enough that they were worth grabbing for parts.... not anymore though. These bogus bars command ever higher prices by wishful thinkers........