News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some reconaissance from Moscow Museums

Probably old stuff for many of you, but I'll post a few (and more if you can take it) images from museum visits during my recent visit to Moscow.

I was a bit disappoined by the medals in the Museum of the Great Patriotic War and the Central Museum of Contemporary History (though other exhibits at both places were GREAT). Almost all tyhe medals at those two museums were fakes ('replicas'). Those at the Museum of the Border Forces (ex-KGB) were great, though no photos were allowed (I did, however, get invited to in in on the post-luncheon entertainment for the KGB border veterans who were in town for the parade commomorating the 65th anniversary of the start of the GPW).

Although half of it was closed for repairs, the Central Museum of the Armed Forces was literally jaw-dropping and they let me take photos, though this was sometimes not easy to do. Best I of, I saw few fakes.

• Replies 100
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I knew you'd want to see these, but they were the single worst-mounted awards there, and the Victory was missing, as were almost all (?!)

I think I have read somewhere his (Zhukov) Orders of Victory were noit on public display, but in a vault of the Museum... I have to check...

Ch.

And one more general shot.

Need to sort through my notes, but the results of a Moscow-Ulanbaatar trip on Aeroflot do not permit this at present :P

Off to meet :beer::beer:

Edited by Ed_Haynes