News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Großmann or Deumer?

I hope it's so easy......OK,I belive it's a "Deumer",but what can we say for shure? The frame and the core are manufactured by "Deumer".And we know that there are KvK's made by "Deumer" with the same pin and hinge.But who has it put together? Who knows........ biggrin.gif .Another funny thing-you all knows the EKs with these big"sunburst" screwback? I've seen one with the same core and frame like our "suspects" here....but this is another vstory!

Regards

Micha

If it's of any intrest I have crosses that have the same manufacturers # but have slight differencies with the cores, finish, dates and swazs. I thought it was my imagination but since I can't photograph with close up pics, I have to rely on a 20x lope and memory. I believe that sub assy. materials (cores) were exchanged (sold) to other mfgs.

Does anyone have any further info. on this subject?

thanks Rick Schmid

Well,that's a knock out......so this trace ended nowhere! But thank you for spending your time to make this pics(and you saved my money-I would have bought one just to look....).Da steh ich nun ich armer Thor,und bin so schlau als wie zuvor(Goethe's Faust)

Dan,

You are being modest. You know quite a lot.

Regardless, I have a question about the cross I displayed on the 1st page, posts 1 & 2. Although the core appears to be brass, the core itself is magnetic. I am going out a limb here and hypothesize the core is actually copper plated iron. I'd really like to hear some other thoughts. . .

Bill,

I'm not shure this is copper plated-the loss of the black paint happened not yesterday or the week before-so if there would be really copper under it,shouldn't it show some greenish corrosion? I think it was posible blued before(but it wouldn't make sense-that would be no protection at all) or coated with something else....another kind of paint? Well,I'm open to anything.......Or it's just normal corrosion at the bare core?(This is my favourite theorie at the moment)...

But to get back to the question(D.or G.)-Gei?ler is writing in his book that Deumers where produced with that special pin and the marking "11"-Does somebody know where he get's his information from?

Micha

• 1 year later...
    • saschaw changed the title to Großmann or Deumer?