News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Beautiful, dementedly rare and RIGHT"

Well Bob, ribbon bars with a ribbon of the Haus- und Verdienstorden von Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig (Oldenburg) and with swords are always extremely rare. The second ribbon could be a RAO with X. Maybe magic Rick already has a name?

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

Yup. All just over 100 WW1 recipients of the Oldenburg House Order X are listed in Neal O'Connor's aviation volume (there were so few he just threw them ALL in), but with wartime only awards and no postwar career, can't ID Bob's guy. Waaaah!!!!

I am sure the second ribbon is a WW1 HHOX ithout the usual "and crown" device. It happens sometimes.

Christophe's bar, on the other hand, is virtually certain to be a colonial award, with most likely the Prussian Crown Order 4X too.

And lest the wicked think all they have to do is jam Xs through a Friedrich August ribbon for us to go all over love.giflove.gif ... doesn't work that way. Look at these groups-- what's on them, what the other awards are.

Hi,

Recently I have read an old Orden und Militaria Magazine (it is the Nr 89). I am particulary esthonished concerning thr Generaloberst Heye's ribbon bar. Indeed he received the Oldenburg knight cross 2nd class with X and crown of the House and Merit Order of Peter Frederick Louis before WW1; but the ribbon bar contain only swords and not crown, why ? I've just want to know if someone has ever seen one ribbon bar with crown and swords for the Oldenburg knight cross 2nd class with X and crown of the House and Merit Order of Peter Frederick Louis

Regards

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

That General Wilhelm Heye was a baaaaaaabe magnet. cheers.gif

[attachmentid=11248]

I always thought it was his cleverly grown upside down mustache, but now I see they were after his ribbon bar!

Guest Rick Research

Neal O'Connor's Oldenburg volume gave a rather vague breakdown which by deducting WW1 awards leaves one with a complicated "all embellishments lumped together" sort of pre-WW1 figure dating back to the 19th Century unifocation wars.

For colonial campaigns, say a dozen or so Knight 2nds and perhaps 3 or 4 dozen Knights 1st with swords. That's just guessing.

Neal O'Connor's Oldenburg volume gave a rather vague breakdown which by deducting WW1 awards leaves one with a complicated "all embellishments lumped together" sort of pre-WW1 figure dating back to the 19th Century unifocation wars.

For colonial campaigns, say a dozen or so Knight 2nds and perhaps 3 or 4 dozen Knights 1st with swords. That's just guessing.

I was thinking more pre-colonial: