News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 58
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its absurd to discuss this badge. The bavarian badges are a mine field. I think no one can definitely say what is genuine what private purchase and what is a post war production and wich one is modern make. If someone like his badge and think is genuine, so what. There are a lot of assertions but no facts.

For me i don't buy any bavarian aviation badges more, only they come directly from the family and it looks good in me eyes.

@VINLAND30

If you and your friend like this badge it's OK. Not all people share the same opinon but if you feel confident its your problem.

Regards Alex

And again, absolute fantasy. Just because you dug up an ancient post that had not been commented on (other than the case) doesn't make this badge right. They are BOTH wrong.

:violent::speechless1: Bavarian Pilots Badges the only one's that are right are the one's that the guys who make comments are selling

vinland,

please give it up its a fake.

look at the estate from keller at www.milschop.de

its also a cutout but prusian.but the same PLM

This site doesn't exist WHICH ONE? and I like all the comparison photos you have wow where did you get these :speechless1: Thanks

This site doesn't exist WHICH ONE? and I like all the comparison photos you have wow where did you get these :speechless1: Thanks

He meant www.milshop.de - a dealer who's stuff is not all as old as it should be. But, he also gives C.O.A.s, if I remember correctly.

Why don't you answer to the other things? How can you explain the jeweller took the same maker mark as fakers do - on your real badge? I read all comments on your badge, and it was - well, quite funny, to be honest.

:cheers:

Hi,thanks for posting the pictures of this badge. I have seen one of these cut out / PLM mark before with a prussian crown and Juncker mark. I am dubious about this badge in as much as the usual gripe I bang on about, that is the ' spokeless wheel ' on one wheel of the undercarriage of the aircraft. I have written this so many times that everyone is probably getting sick to death of it but anyway.... Everytime,or almost everytime one encounters a Bavarian pilot badge for sale/auction ,whatever ,it is one of these 'spokeless wheel '

types. I have seen hundreds (well lots and lots) of them over the years and very few types with spokes in both wheels. This second type I show a picture of earlier in this thread. These are hard to find and expensive .i.e. real period badges. I guess ,at best there is a nucleus of the spokeless badges which are real 20's or 30's re-issue pieces but i feel the majority of them are formed copies or out and out fakes. After having my twopence worth let me say that the cutting out of the aircraft detail in this shown badge looks laser cut, certainly does not look hand cut and chased. Just my opinions,nothing personel !! Ferg1.

Thank you for the information and taking the time to point these things out one wheel has a spoke the other not clear.

It is clear you did as much research to find the site as you did on the badge. The address that was posted contained a small typo - not unlike the "von" in the badge you have posted. The correct address is http://www.milshop.de/

Regards,

Sandro