News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It happens again and again and again...

How does this ribbon bar look like? Right, a upper row of a two row set. Offered on eBay.de as two auctions. I was pretty sure to win both, but at auction's end another collector outbid me on the lower row. I contacted him, explained him they were a set and that I'd like to buy his, or that I'd sell mine to him, just not to split the group - the fool didn't even aswer...

:speechless: :speechless: :speechless:

:violent: :violent: :violent:

Belgium... damn, what a fool to miss the upper row. If the lower row omes up again, please PM me on this.

PS:

though, the 4th ribbon is a Bavarian long service award! Still not sure what the 2nd ribbon (on the lower row) is.

You could be right... they are same I think. But I just got one medal bar where is medal from Finnish Liberation war and the ribbon looks exact same. If its Bavaria LS does this supposed to be before the Belgium?

07371217ec0969_o.jpg

Edited by Noor

Guest Rick Research

Looks solid pale blue to me, Sascha-- Prussian Crown Medal? Wtbg Friedrich Medal? I'd say it's an old NCO's bar-- BMVK2X up top, 3rd ribbon lower row a 1905 Luitpold Jubilee with the green faded away.

The Belgian Military Decoration was given to NCOs-- 1st Class those with 15 years service, 2nd class those with 10.

So, before the war, that amount of time served he'd have been a Leutnant aD in 1920 for 18+ years pension time with double war years credit.

Are we going to see that lower row on eCrap next week, stripped and made into 5 bars by Herr Frankenstein? :speechless:

Guest Rick Research

Nope, very definitely and only the Belgian Military Decoration, which identifies the fellow as a career noncommissioned officer. The pale blue one remaiuns aa mystery since there are several things it could be. It would be weird to place a German pre-war award AFTER a foreign one, and yet his Bavarian Jubilee and long service are, so... ????

That is also a very interesting exaample of an "enemy" (even though he must have gotten it before 1914) award being worn during the Second World War.

Some things cannot be told from ribbons alone.

Now I'd wonder whether the seller has the medal bar as well.

Hi Friends,

there is another set from this guy around. I hope my friend will not mind if I post the pic here.

I think as well that the "Belgian" ribbon is more likely a Reu? Arts and science medal. This was given short before the war as well to Engineer-type soldiers.

Best regards

Daniel

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Don't you think that would be an even weirder :speechless1: choice than the Belgian award?

It WOULD resolve the mis-placement problem though...

unfortunately the Bavarian "secret" Rank List of 1916-- which lists "everything" including enemy pre-war decorations,... has NO listing/abbreviation for the Reuss KuW. :(

Hi Rick,

among "my" Prussians, I have found 4 guys with this weird thing, all got the golden Medal for Arts and Science from Reu?:

Bohnstedt, Richard, OLt GPB, MiGaD 9.RK

Kuckein, M, OTLaD FlgBtl 2

Scultetus, Bruno, HiG, MiGaD 41.RK, GM Bef.Oberrhein

Wagenf?hr, Felix Karl, H, OTLaD Adj GI MilVerkWes

Best regards

Daniel