News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Togolese Awards

NPGilbert

Orders and medals of the Republic of Togo.

The National Order of Merit

Military Merit Medal

Regards

Norman

This is a better picture of Order of Merit of Togo (officer grade).

For us who live in France or near France,they are easier to get,as Arthus Bertrand,Marie Stuart & Baqueville were selling them in the past to anyone who asked for (now not anymore).

Arthus Bertrand is nowdays agreiing to sell only Comoros Order of the Green Crescent (very expensive).

Also in France we have lots of medal fair and those pieces have either been awarded,or stored by dealers,and are from time to time available for sale.By those pieces I mean National Order of african countries.I also mean that specific merit medals & specific merit orders are seldom offered for sale.

Also flea market in Paris is good for those who want to found things (but nowdays you would have to be lucky,as most of the people now put things for sale on ebay).

As long as I know in South Africa,there is not that much Orders & Medals from neighbouring countries offered for sale.

Emmanuel

• 2 years later...

From the last National Day of Togo (27 april 2011), a lot of Knight of Order of Mono (highest award) ready to be awarded.

And a photo from Saidi Adjagba Chief of Protocol of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Togo (his award is Knight of the Order of Merit).

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

• 5 months later...

Here is the Togo Cross of Valour = Croix de la Vaillance.

The Cross of Valour was instituted by Decreee n°88-131 of 27 July 1988, to be awarded to military who had achieved act of valour or have been wounded during a war or public security operation.In special case the Cross of Valour may also be awarded to civilian that distinguished themselve during "military operation".

Connected to the quality of the award, a bronze star is worn on ribbon for regiment citation,a silver star for brigade citation, a gold star for division citation,a silver palm for citation to army corps,a gold palm for citation to the army.

On the black and white picture you can see a Cross of Valour with palm (photo send to me long time ago by Dragomir).Actually I had looked for more than 20 years to get that Cross on militaria show in France.I also was never able to catch a picture of a soldier wearing that cross.So any photo or document is always welcome.

It's a 49 millimeters cross,looks like gold,but actually bronze gilt.The gilding very well made.

The Cross of Valour,when awarded is to be worn immediately after the Order of Mono and before the Order of Merit.

Emmanuel

• 4 years later...
    • 2 months later...

This seems to be a 'mule' comprised of an apparent Bertrand-made Order of the Sun of Peru corpus and a Togo Order of Mono center and ribbon.  [Opine Bertrand origin based on suspension wreath shape & enamel work.]  Several dealers sell what may be over-production or surplus parts that must trickle out of manufacturers' or sub-contrators' stocks.  Sometimes these appear on European eBay sites put together as 'mules' and sometimes  only 'spare parts', usually center medallions and sometimes badge corpi, if that's the term.  A while back, for example, Romanian Star Order knight grade crosses without centers or suspensions emerged in lots of 5 or more.  

Sometimes these are sold as 'trial pieces' and sometimes as 'independent orders' insignia.

Of course, there's a remote possibility that it could be a new design for a Togo Order not yet reported anywhere!