News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wasserschultzpolizei-Polizei-SS-TeNo & NSDAP - #1

Wasserschultzpolizei-Polizei-SS-TeNo & NSDAP -#3

This is a quite nice 'Group' photo which Gary9 has OK'd for me to Post. (Gary enjoys tempting me, when a TeNo subject is also shown!) This

Photo 'begs' for a review of the Many wonderful Uniform types shown!

(1) The Wasserschultzpolizei officer on the far Right is 'showing' a new boat to Gauleiter Dr. Jury, and other dignitaries. The boat has green

foliage (evergreens) on the Oar-Locks - which is a christening custom.

? The Visor Eagle of the Wasserschultzpolizei officer is the Largest one that I've ever seen! Huge! (But, I've only seen less than a dozen, so perhaps it is not as Special, as I feel that it is?) Your Opinion?

(2) 2nd from RT. - Allgemeine SS Officer, with 32 or 52 on RT. Collar Tab / Patch. ? It Probably ID's an SS Standart/Sturm in Austria?

(3) 3rd from RT. - Gauleiter Dr. Jury in Pary Overcoat - BUT, his Arm Band is Not the type usually associated with a high NSDAP Official?

(4) 4th from RT. - PolizeiGeneral (Collar Tabs seen) with the ?Black Lapels on a High Officer's Great Coat? (or were these Green, for Polizei?)

(5) 5th from RT. - (in background) The Visor Cocquard (?sp) is unusual - perhaps it is for Zoll?

(6) 6th from RT. - (Gary knew that I'd find it!) TeNo Landesfuhrer Walther Junecke (LG XVII -Wien) - ID'd by his famous dueling scar on the left cheek & the distinctive LF Collar tab.

(7) OTHERS -

? 3 TeNo Officers with XVII only - on the RT. Collar Tab - denoting that they are assigned to TN LF Junecke's Stab / Staff.

? SS (Waffen) High Ranking Officer

? Another Polizei High Ranking Officer, in Greatcoat.

(8) DATE - based Only on the TeNo Uniform, I feel that the Photo is prior to Mid 1943, when the TN "Cog" was removed from the Dunkelblau

Uniforms (via dated Photo Evidence, but with no supporting Regulations - Yet!)

The Other Uniform types, may also point to a Date Range, as well.

What a neat Photo to examine! Some different Uniform types for everyone.

Plus, it's a pretty nice Boat... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Some informative Comments & Information, from around the NET.

ORPO - Noted on GDC, that:

"... The Polizei General would have Green facings on his greatcoat instead of Red..."

Dwight - Noted, that:

"...The tall SS officer certainly looks like Ernst Kaltenbrunner...."

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc...744/m/437101871

G Hansen has added (WAF):

"Kaltenbrunner wearing pre '42 insignia of SS-Gruppenfuhrer, to which he was promoted 1 April 1941.

"...Kaltenbrunner was promoted to SS-Obergruppenf?hrer und General der Polizei 21 June 1943, so the photo it has to be prior to this date...."

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...;highlight=teno

Joe W has added (WAF):

"...Kaltenbrunner is wearing his SIPO uniform with rank insignia for an SS-Gruppenfuhrer in his capacity as HSSPF Wehrkreis XVII.

Behind Gauleiter of Niederdonau Dr. Jury is BdO GenMaj Carl Retzlaff wearing pre-42 collar tabs. Dr. Jury seems to be wearing his new post 1939 Party visor but he chose to wear his older sleeve brassard. Odd to say the least. I would date it early 1940/41. JoeW..."

Stonemint, added (WAF)

"...One of the best multi-uniform shots I have seen. I do believe there is a KM officer obscured by Kaltenbrunner, and I would agree the other NCO probably is Zoll. Thanks for posting...."

Bill Unland, I just went to your WSP Archival Thread on GDC:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums...4/m/7110042655

And there it is - the quite magnificent 'Oversized' WSP Visor Eagle, in Gold Bullion!

That MUST be a Rare Eagle! Congrats!.......Txs, Dave/dblmed

Bill Unland, added (WAF)

"...Here is my "controversial" WSP bullion cap eagle. I say controversial because it has 6 wing feathers instead of three as specified in regulations. Some feel this makes it a reproduction, but I do not and have explained my analysis in another thread. In any case, as mentioned, these were in between in size of a sleeve eagle and a normal cap eagle. I think that the reason was that any smaller would be impossible to execute with any detail in bullion. And since only the WSP used bullion cap eagles, these "oversized eagles are only seen on WSP caps...

Bill Unland,

placed his WSP Bullion Visor Eagle, on a Visor, for a nice visual

comparison of the Size of this quite rarely foun, Visor Eagle (WAF)

The WSP (Wasserschutzpolizei) Officer is the most 'Unusual' figure which is seen in this Photo.

as the WSP was a very, very small Organization, within the Polizei.

All of the Uniforms which are seen, gives us a time capsule view of what was being worn by the

various Orgs., during the same time frame. Fascinating to see them All together, for what seems

to be a less than dramatic event: "Presentation of 4 Boats" in Wein (Vienna). ...Txs, ... Dave/dblmed

The WSP (Wasserschutzpolizei) Officer is the most 'Unusual' figure which is seen in this Photo.

as the WSP was a very, very small Organization, within the Polizei.

All of the Uniforms which are seen, gives us a time capsule view of what was being worn by the

various Orgs., during the same time frame. Fascinating to see them All together, for what seems

to be a less than dramatic event: "Presentation of 4 Boats" in Wein (Vienna). ...Txs, ... Dave/dblmed

Quality stuff there!!! I love the WSP cap. IT is the first I have ever seen. Are you starting to change focuses now?

Hi Paul! (Somewhere out in the Pacific!)

Nope - I am still a Diehard TeNo & Schuma Collector, & I only dabble in other areas, from time to time.

Since the Polizei was directly 'Related' to the above 2 areas, I find it of great interest. Especially for the historical perspective of what was going on, at the time.

A good friend sent me this WSP Photo, because he knew that it featured a number of TeNo men in uniforms - and especially that of TN Landesf?hrer XVII, Walther Junecke.

Seems that the WSP was a sort of "Land Locked" Navy, under Polizei control - All of which just adds to the interest! ...Best, Dave/dblmed

• 2 weeks later...

Another very interesting thread Dave, many thanks.

Here's another one for you to get your teeth into, no TENO I'm afraid but as I see it Wassershultzpolizei, Polizei and Reichsluftschutzbund personnel.

The rear of this photo is blank I'm afraid so no idea as to the location or reason for this grouping.

Great photo Coldstream!

Yes, it looks like a grouping of WSP, Polizei and RLB to me also.

Your photo really shows those Large WSP Bullion Visor Eagles very well! ... Txs, Dave/dblmed