News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 Case

It's fake,send it back to that crook Tony...he's robbed you!! :P:D

Only joking,nothing wrong with the case at all :beer:

I've seen '14 crosses in them and '39s but mostly TR,I think Allan has a few of that type case with TR EK's inside.

Dave

Terry,can you post a pic of a TR cross in the case please?

Does the ribbed beading of a TR cross sit in the recess and is the flange flush on the flock?...if you know what I mean :blush: I think that is how the EK is meant to sit in that style case,just the ribbed beading and not the whole cross.That's probably why an Imperial EK won't fit in correctly,it's beading is too small for the recess and its flange is too big....so I would say the case is for a TR EK....just my opinion of course!

Dave

Ithink I know what you mean. Here's a mm24 in the case. As you can see, it still does not sit in the recess as perfectly as I would have expected it to. I tried all 28 EK2's I have and the gap between the base and the medal obviously varies depending on the size of the small ring at the top of the cross. A mm23 for example seems to have a smaller ring so the gap cross/base is reduced but.....maybe I am a perfectionist but it does bother me.

... I have never seen this type of catch on a WW1 case, have you? ...

Yes I have one in my collection. I got the EK and the case direktly from the daughter of the recipient. In my case is a "KO" in. In my personal opinion is this case a kind of a "official" modell (all untouched examples of "crossandcase" I know are filled with "KO" pieces), maybe this typical case was the "official" one used by the Royal Mint in Stuttgart...

These type cases comes in two variations, leather coated and the here shown type coated with a kind of "library linen", but the catch is allways the same.

Best regards

Matthias

...and this is the recipient of the above shown Prussian Iron Cross 2nd class (his only medal): Alfred Keicher.

One of my absolute favourite pictures - if that would have been the picture of the soldiers in the world, the wars would be soon terminated...

Best regards

Matthias

Jerry, you seem to have the same problem as I have, judging by the shadow under the top arm...the cross does not fit in properly. I have a number of cases for WW1 EK2 and the crosses always fit in very nicely so I am intrigued. I cannot get to my collection and I will be away from the internet for a while but I will try to borrow a ko marked cross to try it out.